Brunswick Street Oval sporting and community facilities upgrade
Thursday 31 March 2022
In early 2019 we spoke to the sporting clubs, community groups, local residents and other users of the Brunswick Street Oval facilities to discuss this upgrade. We then developed a concept plan based on the feedback we received from the community.
Since then, we’ve had to make some changes to our plan to ensure the proposed upgrades to the historic grandstand meet heritage requirements.
What’s happening here?
The proposed changes include:
- A new sporting pavilion with club rooms and amenities.
- Two additional tennis courts.
- Upgrades to the tennis pavilion, including new community rooms and facilities.
- New public toilets.
- A landscaped garden with a Bocce Court.
- Improved pedestrian safety and access.
- There will be minimal changes to the exterior of the heritage-listed grandstand.
We are now asking for community feedback on the changes to the original concept plan.
We’re also seeking ideas for artwork at the site, as we will be commissioning a specific piece that will be embedded in the architecture or landscape.
Find out more about the proposed changes to the plans and provide your feedback by visiting Your Say Yarra by Wednesday 27 April 2022.
We will also be hosting pop-up information sessions, at Brunswick Street Oval. This is your opportunity to chat to the project team in person, find out more and have your say.
- Saturday 23 April 2022 - 10.30am to 12 midday
- Wednesday 27 April 2022 - 3pm to 4.30pm