Have your say on the future of Melbourne
Tuesday 14 September 2021
You’re invited to share your ideas about the future of Melbourne from today, as the Department of Environment, Land, and Planning opens up the public consultation on Melbourne’s Future Planning Framework.
The Framework aims to identify a vision for Melbourne for the next 30 years, focusing on areas such as urban renewal and growth, transport options and health and education services. It will also identify new sporting, recreational and cultural opportunities, as well as create greening initiatives, designed to improve liveability.
To deliver on this vision, the Framework will be made up of plans which will be aligned to six metropolitan regions, including:
- Inner (Melbourne, Port Phillip and Yarra Local Government Areas or LGAs)
- Inner South East (Bayside, Boroondara, Glen Eira and Stonnington LGAs)
- Eastern (Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Monash, Whitehorse and Yarra Ranges LGAs)
- Southern (Cardinia, Casey, Frankston, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Mornington Peninsula LGAs)
- Western (Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moonee Valley and Wyndham LGAs)
- Northern (Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Mitchell, Moreland, Nillumbik and Whittlesea LGAs)
Whether your ideas are about how we can improve our city laneways, parks, shopping precincts or beaches, this is your opportunity to have a say on what makes Melbourne such a vibrant and liveable city now, and into the future.
To provide your feedback, visit: Melbourne's Future Planning Framework before 11:59pm, 24 October 2021.