Metropolitan Melbourne to remain in lockdown
Wednesday 01 September 2021
Metropolitan Melbourne, including the City of Yarra, will remain in lockdown to respond to recent cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community and current vaccination rate.
With the extension, metropolitan Melbourne will remain in lockdown until 70% of Victorians have had at least one dose of the vaccine. This is estimated to be around Thursday 23 September.
What has changed?
From 11.59pm on Thursday 2 September, outdoor playgrounds are open for children under 12 years with one parent or carer. The parent or carer cannot take their mask off to eat or drink while supervising their children playing. A QR code check in will be required for users of playground equipment.
There are still only five reasons to leave home:
- Food and supplies.
- Authorised work (Permits will be required)
- Care and caregiving.
- Exercise, for up to two hours and with only one other person, plus dependents if they cannot stay home. This includes people from your household.
- Getting vaccinated.
The following restrictions will remain in place:
- Wear a mask when leaving your house – both indoors and outdoors.
- The curfew is still in place from 9pm to 5am. There are very limited reasons anyone can leave their home during these times.
- Stay within 5km of your home.
- Practice social distancing wherever necessary.
- Work from home if you can with permits required for authorised workers. Apply for a permit here.
- Private and public gatherings will not be permitted.
- There are to be no visitors to your home excluding intimate partners, and single bubbles
You can find a list of restrictions and essential workers at the Victorian Government’s website.
Impacts on our services
All Yarra Council customer service centres and facilities will remain closed. These include:
- Collingwood Town Hall
- Richmond Town Hall
- Connie Benn Centre
- Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library
- Yarra Libraries and,
- Yarra Leisure centres
Essential services, including waste and recycling collection, will continue as normal.
Childcare schools and kindergartens will remain closed for students excluding the children of authorised workers, vulnerable kids and children with special needs.
Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.
We’re here to help
If you need support or have questions about our services during this time, call us on 03 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can use our online services to make a request or payment.
- COVID-19 updates and information – Department of Health
- Where to get the COVID-19 vaccine – Department of Health
- Case alerts and public exposure sites – Department of Health
- Where to get tested – Department of Health