Upcoming works on Punt Road
Wednesday 26 September 2018
There will be construction works from Monday 1 October until Friday 21 October on Punt Road. These works are a part of the Victorian Government’s Streamlining Hoddle Street project.
What construction works are happening?
• There will be works at the Punt Road intersections of Swan Street and Brunton Avenue.
• These works are a part of the Victorian Government’s Streamlining Hoddle Street project.
When will the works be happening?
• Works will take place from Monday 1 October to Friday 21 December 2018.
• Construction days will be Sundays to Thursdays.
• Works will mostly be at night between 8.30pm and 5.30am.
• Occasionally, there will be work from 7am to 2pm on Olympic Boulevard.
What are the changes to traffic conditions?
From Monday 1 October, there will be single lane closures and reduced speeds in both directions along:
• Punt Road and Hoddle Street
• Olympic Bouvelard
• Brunton Avenue
Make sure you plan ahead if you are travelling in the area.
How will access be affected?
If you walk or cycle in the area:
• Access to Swan Street from the western entrance to Richmond Station (next to National Tennis Centre’s courts) will be changed. Detours in place.
• You will still have access to this entrance of Richmond Station during major events.
• There will be a new temporary shared footpath on the north side of Olympic Boulevard from mid‐October to late December.
If you drive in the area:
• There will be a closed right-hand turn from Punt Road onto Swan Street for up to 3 weeks from mid‐October.
• You can use Bridge Road and Burnley Street during this time. You will also have access to local streets in Cremorne and Richmond.
If you take public transport:
• The Punt Road bus stop outside Gosch’s Paddock heading towards Clifton hill will be replaced with a temporary stop. The temporary new stop will be outside the Richmond Football Club oval near Tanner Street.
• The bus stop on Punt Road at the corner of Swan Street heading towards Yarra river will be replaced with a temporary stop. The temporary new stop will be outside 380 Punt Road.
Who can I contact for more information?
You can call the Victorian Government’s Major Road Projects Authority hotline which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 105 105 (option 5).
If you would like email updates on more detailed construction information:
• Visit the Victorian Government’s Major Road Projects website
• Enter your email at the bottom of the homepage
• Click ‘sign up’ to choose your projects.