Nominations now open to join the Disability Advisory Committee
Monday 06 August 2018
We are welcoming nominations to fill two casual vacancies on the Disability Advisory Committee (DAC). Nominations close on Thursday 23 August.
What does the committee do?
The DAC provides information, advice and guidance to Council about inclusive policies, strategies, programs, services and advocacy matters aimed at incorporating disability rights into the core business of Council.
The DAC is co-chaired by two Councillors and meets on a monthly basis.
The committee comprises of up to 12 people with disability, carers or family members of people with disability, and other people able to represent the views of Yarra residents with disability.
Who can apply?
We encourage nominations from residents of Fitzroy, North Fitzroy, North Carlton, Clifton Hill, Alphington, Collingwood or Abbotsford; and/or who represent a diverse community including:
• the Aboriginal or Torres Strait community;
• people with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background;
• lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) community;
• Deaf community; and
• young adults.
You must meet the following selection criteria:
• live, work, study or receive services in the City of Yarra
• have a disability; or
• are an unpaid carer or a family member of a person with a disability; and
• have experience, knowledge and understanding of disability issues; and
• are able to represent the views of other Yarra residents with disability; and
• demonstrate ability to work effectively as a member of the committee.
We support flexible and accessible working and meeting arrangements.
How to apply
You are encouraged to read and familiarise yourself with the Disability Advisory Committee terms of reference.
To apply, please complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to PO Box 168, Richmond, VIC 3121.
As part of the induction process, you will be expected to attend four meetings as observers before your formal appointment will be confirmed.
If you need further assistance to nominate, or for more information, please contact us on 9205 5555 or at email@example.com.