Ramsden Street, Clifton Hill
Ramsden Street, Clifton Hill
Quarries Park is a network of parks and sports grounds linked by shared paths across Clifton Hill. It also connects to the Main Yarra and Merri Creek trails (Capital City Trail).
The park has many open grass areas, including sports fields, which are suitable for football, cricket and soccer.
Quarries Park also provides plenty of space to have fun, and views of the city skyline add to the park's appeal.
Features and facilities
- Public Toilets
- Playground (access for all abilities)
- BBQs (cannot reserve)
- Shelter (cannot reserve)
- 1x soccer ground and 1x cricket/Australian Rules ground
- Multi-use court (cricket nets in season)
- Picnic tables (cannot reserve)
- Skate facility
Quarries Park has a dog off-leash area:
- Dogs are not allowed within playgrounds at any time.
- Dogs must be kept on-leash within 10 metres of playground areas.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash in unfenced sporting grounds only when the grounds are not in use for approved sporting events (including training).
- Dogs must be kept on-leash within 10 metres of sporting grounds when they are in use for approved sporting events (including training).\
Designated areas for hire
Personal Trainers are welcome to use this site if they have obtained a permit.
To book Yambla soccer ground or Ramsden Street Oval, please refer to our bookings page.
Event Permit Requirements
You will need a permit if one of these conditions apply:
- There will be more than 50 attendee.
- Your event is catered by an external supplier.
- You are charging participants a fee to attend.
- You require amplified sound
- You require vehicle access to drop off equipment.
- Your event requires a specific location.
- You are having a wedding ceremony
- You plan to erect large structures (small 3x3 marquees are permitted: must be weighted down and secured safely. Spikes or pegs are strictly prohibited.)
A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required for all potential permits. At least two months for large events.
- The event permit must be carried out by the hirer at all times
- Alcohol may be consumed within the park between 9am and 9pm – no permit required. Alcohol may not be sold within the park without an appropriate temporary liquor license.
- Download and read our conditions of hire.
Quarries Park is wheelchair accessible, including accessible toilets and parking.
Yambla Pavilion - upgrade and extension
The Yambla pavilion at Quarries Park will be upgraded to provide an inclusive community sporting facility, improved amenities and better public access to the park.
What we’ve heard from the community so far
Over the past few months we have done targeted consultation with key stakeholders, including the tenant sporting clubs at Quarries Park.
What benefits does the new design offer?
The design meets the current standards for council sports pavilions, the pavilion standards of Sport and Recreation Victoria and complies with all building code requirements.
It also offers the following benefits:
Improved facilities, including:
- four unisex change rooms
- a new kiosk
- club storage
- new social space
- match day / public toilets
The design is in line with Yarra City Council’s sustainability policy. We are aiming for the building to achieve a 6-star green star equivalent rating. This includes:
- solar panels
- water harvesting for use in the onsite toilets.
- higher than average insulation for the new roof
- 6-star WELS rated fittings for energy and water efficiencies.
- increase to number of bike racks on site.
The design is mindful of the impact on the park and park users.
Currently there is a small, busy vehicle area which also has combined pedestrian access. This area becomes particularly busy during junior game and training times.
It was determined that only disability access (DDA) carparking, deliveries and emergency vehicles will be allowed access into the park at this point. This aims to eliminate the danger of sporting participants and vehicles being in the same area.
A drop off zone will be created during match times and training days on Ramsden Street, immediately adjacent to the current drive.
Universal accessibility to the club house will be achieved by the creation of a path from Yambla Street to the pavilion across the back of the pitch. This path will then connect to the path to the playground in the north.
Project planning and documentation
|June 2021 to February 2022|
|Tender process||March 2022 to July 2022|
|August 2022 to December 2023|
|Completion of pavilion upgrade||January 2024|
Share your thoughts
Learn more and share your thoughts about the upgrade of Yambla Pavilion at Your Say Yarra
Feedback closes Friday 17 September 2021.
Or Contact us if you would like to find out more about this project.