Tuesday 07 December 2021
Due to the COVID restrictions in Melbourne, this meeting will be held online. If you wish to ask a question or make a submission, you must register beforehand.
Click here to watch online (registration not required)
Council meetings are public forums where Councillors come together to meet as a Council and make decisions about important, strategic and other matters.
Council meetings are decision-making forums and only Councillors have a formal role. However, Council is committed to ensuring that any person whose rights will be directly affected by a decision of Council is entitled to communicate their views and have their interests considered before the decision is made. You can participate in the meeting either during Public Question Time or by making a submission in relation to an item to be considered at the meeting.
Watching the meeting
This meeting is being held online, and you can watch online using the link above.
Asking a question
This meeting will include Public Question Time, and you are able to ask up to two questions about any Council matter that is not already included in the meeting agenda. To take up this opportunity, you must register using the link above by 10.00am on the day of the meeting. If you have two questions, submit two registrations.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to ask your question, please turn on your microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your question to the Mayor;
- refrain from making statements or engaging in debate
- don’t raise operational matters which have not previously been raised with the Council administration;
- don't ask questions about matter listed on the agenda for the current meeting;
- refrain from repeating questions that have been previously asked; and
- if asking a question on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Once you have asked your question, please remain silent unless called upon by the Mayor to make further comment or to clarify any aspects.
Making a submission
If you wish to make a verbal submission in relation to an item being considered at the meeting, you must register using the link above by 10.00am on the day of the meeting.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to make your submission, please turn on your microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- Speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your submission to the Mayor;
- confine your submission to the subject under consideration;
- avoid repetition and restating previous submitters;
- refrain from asking questions or seeking comments from the Councillors or other submitters;
- if speaking on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Following your submission, Councillors will have an opportunity to ask you questions. You can decide whether or not you wish to take these questions.
The agenda for the meeting will be available below on the Wednesday before the meeting.
Date and time:
Tuesday 07 December 2021