Tuesday 19 October 2021
Due to the COVID restrictions in Melbourne, this meeting will be held online. If you wish to ask a question or make a submission, you must register beforehand.
Click here to watch online (registration not required)
Council meetings are public forums where Councillors come together to meet as a Council and make decisions about important, strategic and other matters.
Council meetings are decision-making forums and only Councillors have a formal role. However, Council is committed to ensuring that any person whose rights will be directly affected by a decision of Council is entitled to communicate their views and have their interests considered before the decision is made. You can participate in the meeting either during Public Question Time or by making a submission in relation to an item to be considered at the meeting.
Watching the meeting
This meeting is being held online, and you can watch online using the link above.
Asking a question
This meeting will include Public Question Time, and you are able to ask up to two questions about any Council matter that is not already included in the meeting agenda. To take up this opportunity, you must register using the link above by 10.00am on the day of the meeting. If you have two questions, submit two registrations.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to ask your question, please turn on your microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your question to the Mayor;
- refrain from making statements or engaging in debate
- don’t raise operational matters which have not previously been raised with the Council administration;
- don't ask questions about matter listed on the agenda for the current meeting;
- refrain from repeating questions that have been previously asked; and
- if asking a question on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Once you have asked your question, please remain silent unless called upon by the Mayor to make further comment or to clarify any aspects.
Making a submission
If you wish to make a verbal submission in relation to an item being considered at the meeting, you must register using the link above by 10.00am on the day of the meeting.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to make your submission, please turn on your microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- Speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your submission to the Mayor;
- confine your submission to the subject under consideration;
- avoid repetition and restating previous submitters;
- refrain from asking questions or seeking comments from the Councillors or other submitters;
- if speaking on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Following your submission, Councillors will have an opportunity to ask you questions. You can decide whether or not you wish to take these questions.
The agenda for the meeting is available below.
- Agenda for the Council Meeting on Tuesday 19 October 2021 (846.27KB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 1 Proposed Council Plan 2021 to 2025 (1.53MB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 1 Yarra City Council LTFP (1.95MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 1 Draft Domestic Animal Management Plan (1.19MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 2 DAMP Engagement Report (211.14KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 1 Report to Council 24 September 2019 Review of BADS (208.5KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 2 Council meeting minutes action sheet Review of BADS (89.99KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 3 Updated BADS Soft Launch March 2021 (404.6KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 1 CoY Draft Submission October 2021 (1.11MB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 1 Draft Arts Culture Strategy 2022 to 2026 (903.65KB / PDF )
- Item 8_7 Attachment 1 Yarra City Council Annual Report 2020 21 (6.66MB / PDF )
- Item 8_8 Attachment 1 Response to submissions (449.87KB / PDF )
- Item 8_8 Attachment 2 Yarra C286 Notice of Preparation of an Amendment (132.46KB / PDF )
- Item 8_8 Attachment 3 Yarra C286yara Amendment Explanatory Report (604.15KB / PDF )
Date and time:
Tuesday 19 October 2021