This page was last updated Wednesday 17 February 2021
Yarra, along with the rest of metropolitan Melbourne, returned to COVIDSafe Summer Restrictions from 11.59pm Wednesday 17 February 2021.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Recycling drop-off centre
- All other services
- Services are running as normal, with extra safety precautions.
- Call us on 03 9205 5555 if you need help with essential shopping assistance, free transport for COVID testing, or staying in touch.
- Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall, Richmond Town Hall, Connie Benn Centre and Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library are open from Thursday 18 February 2021.
- Wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands if you’re visiting us. If you’re feeling unwell or have any COVID symptoms, stay home and get tested.
- Please use online services where possible.
- Yarra Libraries branches are open with individual capacity and density limits from Thursday 18 February 2021.
- A mask is mandatory at all times within the branches.
- Visit Yarra Leisure’s Road to Reopen for information about which centres and facilities are currently open, and to make a booking.
- All community sport and recreation is open. For more information go to the Restricted Activity Directions.
Parks and playgrounds
- Yarra's playgrounds are open.
- Please remember to practice good hand hygiene, always wear a face mask and maintain physical distancing.
- The market is open every Saturday with capacity and density limits.
- Please follow any directions from market staff and on-site signage.
- The Youth Centre at 156 Napier Street, Fitzroy is open from Thursday 18 February 2021
- A mask is mandatory at all times within the centre.
- Some after school group programs have re-commenced in-person – check our Instagram for more details.
- You can also call us on 03 9426 1455, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- We’re accepting some venue bookings – visit Yarra City Arts for up-to-date information.
- EOIs for major event permits are currently open. Visit Plan an Event for up-to-date information.
- Long day care services are open for all families.
- Face-to-face maternal and child health services are provided as normal with extra precautions in place.
- Our occasional care service is suspended until further notice.
- Some Yarra toy libraries have resumed services. Contact your local service for more information.
- Parent activity programs and all external programs at Connie Benn Centre are postponed until further notice.
- Supported playgroups will be operating in-person from Thursday 18 February.
- First-time parent groups will be operating in-person from Thursday 18 February.
- Our immunisation service is running as normal with extra precautions in place.
- The recycling drop-off centre in Clifton Hill is open. Masks are now mandatory on site for all visitors and staff.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across the City of Yarra.
- Please park legally at all times.
- Household waste and recycling collections, planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal.
- There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.