Amendment C245 was approved by the Minister for Planning and Gazetted 11 February 2021.
Why did we prepared this amendment?
This Amendment was derived from a number of different projects. Recent heritage studies were conducted in Collingwood, Richmond, Fitzroy North and Clifton Hill to inform planning controls. These studies identified a number of gaps in the heritage controls for a number of individually significant buildings. Yarra City Council also maintains a list of errors and anomalies that can be found in the heritage overlay of properties located in Yarra. This Amendment applied recommendations from recent heritage studies and corrects Heritage Overlay and zone anomalies in the Yarra Planning Scheme.
You can view an interactive map in a new window to see changes introduced in Amendment C245.
For more information, you can read a summary of key terms.
Council has received the Panel Report for Amendment C245.
A copy of the report can be downloaded here.
The Hearing was held on 22 April 2020.
The Hearing was held via video conferencing and 'on papers' due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of all parties and the wider community is paramount in the decision of the Panel to vary the usual hearing process
The Panel considered all referred written submissions when preparing its report, including those from submitters who did not attend the Hearing.
For more information on this altered panel process please refer to the Panel Directions below.
Council Part A Submission
Council's Part A Submission was circulated on Tuesday, 14 April 2020.
You can view the document by clicking on the link below.
Council Expert Witness Evidence
Council's expert witness statements were circulated on Tuesday, 14 April 2020.
You can view the documents by clicking on the links below.
- Heritage Evidence, prepared by Anita Brady of Anita Brady Heritage
- Heritage Evidence, prepared by David Helms of David Helms Heritage Planning
Submissions to Amendment C245
Expert witness statements were circulated on Tuesday, 14 April 2020.
You can view these documents by clicking on the links below
- Notice of Amendment
- Explanatory Report
- Instruction Sheet
- Fact Sheet
- Clause 21.11 - Reference documents
- Clause 22.02 - Development Guidelines to Sites Subject to the Heritage Overlay
- Schedule to Clause 43.01 - Heritage Overlay
- Schedule to Clause 72.04 - Documents Incorporated in this Planning Scheme
- Amendment Mapping Changes (Zip – 24 maps)
- City of Yarra Database of Heritage Significant Areas, July 2020
- A Summary of Places
- Heritage Studies: Theatres, Bridge Road, Victoria Street and corrections to heritage and zone anomalies
- Council minutes (18 September 2018)
- Council minutes (13 November 2018)
- Council report (13 November 2018)
- Council minutes (26 November 2019)
- Council report (26 November 2019)
- Council report (1 September 2020)
- Collingwood Built Form Review Heritage Report, GJM Heritage (2018)
- Heritage Citation: 18-22 Derby Street, Collingwood, Anthemion Consultancies (2018)
- Heritage Citation: 33-45 Derby Street, Collingwood, GJM Heritage (2018)
- Heritage Citation: Queens Parade, Fitzroy North Street Trees, John Patrick Landscape Architects Pty. Ltd (2018)
- Amendment C245 heritage advice – St. Brigid’s Catholic Church Complex, David Helms Heritage Planning (October 2019)
- Amendment C245 heritage advice – 14 Glasgow Street, Collingwood, David Helms Heritage Planning (October 2019)