The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment C191yara to the Yarra Planning Scheme.
The Amendment came into operation when notice of its approval was published in the Victoria Government Gazette on 10 February 2022.
Amendment C191yara implements the recommendations of the Swan Street Activity Centre Built Form Framework and Swan Street Built Form Study Heritage Assessments and Analysis by:
- rezoning properties from the Commercial 2 Zone to Commercial 1 Zone;
- replaces Design and Development Overlay Schedule 17 with revised schedules 25, 26, 27 and 28 on a permanent basis;
- updates local policy;
- corrects a number of mapping errors;
- applies the Heritage Overlay to 15 properties on a permanent basis;
- removes the Heritage Overlay from ungraded places; and
- applies the Environmental Audit Overlay to sites being rezoned to Commercial 1 Zone.
Yarra City Council prepared Amendment C191yara to facilitate an appropriate balance between accommodating population and employment growth, retaining and protecting heritage fabric, limiting amenity impacts and improving liveability.
Approved Amendment Documentation
A copy of the Amendment can be inspected, free of charge, at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website or by calling 1800 789 386 to arrange a time to view the Amendment documentation.
A copy of the Amendment can also be inspected, free of charge, during office hours, at the offices of the Yarra City Council, Richmond Town Hall, 333 Bridge Road, Richmond.