What does the amendment do?
This land is in an Industrial 3 zone that does not allow dwellings. Nevertheless, some of the units within the premises are used as dwellings which is prohibited under the zone.
The amendment would allow this site to have dwellings. It would introduce an Incorporated Document into the Yarra Planning Scheme to include an exemption to allow for dwellings - subject to conditions.
The amendment would also apply an Environmental Audit Overlay to the site. The overlay requires an environmental audit be completed before a residential land use or associated buildings and works commence.
What land does this amendment apply to?
This amendment applies to land at 5-15 Mayfield Street, Abbotsford
Statutory documents that support the amendment
- Explanatory_report- C188 -30-1-17
- Instructions Sheet C188 January 2017 exhibition
- List of Changes C188 - January 2017 exhibtion
- Notice of Amendment C188
- 81_01s_yara - 2017 C188 changes
- 52_03s C188 showing changes - 2017
- MAP - C188 EAO Map 06
- Incorporated Document January 2017 - exhibition
- 5-15 Mayfield Street - Urbis report - 25-1-17
Consultation with the public on this amendment
The amendment was publicly exhibited in February and March 2017.
We wrote to all affected parties inviting submissions to the amendment.
What stage is this amendment at?
- May 2017 – Council meeting to consider any written submissions.
- June/July 2017 – Panel hearing
- 21 November 2017 – Council receives the panel’s report and adopts the amendment with the minor change recommended by the panel.
- December 2017 - Amendment submitted to the Minister for Planning for final approval.
- 11 October 2018 - Amendment gazette with a modified Incorporated Document
The modified gazetted '5-15 Mayfield Street Abbotsford, Incorporated Document, October 2018'
Changes made by the Minister for Planning
The Minister for Planning made changes to the amendment when he approved the proposal submitted by Council. The Minister did not apply the Environmental Audit Overlay. He also made significant changes to the conditions in the Incorporated Document which has has been largely been re-written with conditions including requirements about an environmental audit. It also requires a dwelling "must be in conjunction with a use on the lot for which a permit is not required in the Industrial 3 Zone, or a use authorised by a permit."
How can I find out further information?
For assistance and more information about the amendment, please contact Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email@example.com.