About the amendments
The Minister for Planning approved interim controls on Bridge Road and Victoria Street and they were included in the Yarra Planning Scheme on 15 November 2018. They expire on 1 October 2020.
Are we seeking permanent controls?
In the coming months and into 2019, we will prepare structure plans (or similar strategies) that will inform the preparation of planning scheme amendments to introduce permanent DDOs. These amendments will be subject to a formal public exhibition process and potentially consideration by an independent planning panel appointed by the Minister for Planning.
The following documents have informed the request to the Minister for Planning:
Bridge Road and Victoria Street Activity Centres:
- Draft Design and Development Overlay Schedule 21 – Bridge Road Activity Centre
- Draft Design and Development Overlay Schedule 22 – Victoria Street Activity Centre
- Victoria Street and Bridge Road Activity Centres Built Form Framework
- Bridge Road and Victoria Street Activity Centres Built Form Review – Heritage Analysis and Recommendations
- Bridge Road and Victoria Street Activity Centres Traffic Engineering Assessment
For assistance and more information about the amendment, please contact Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email@example.com.
Notice of Approval
Notice of approval of both amendments C248 and 249 was published in the General Government Gazette on 15 November 2018.