For simple tips on what to do in extreme heat, download our 'Keep Cool in Yarra' heat health communications materials, access videos or order Department of Health materials in multiple languages.
- Keep Cool in Yarra poster pack (pack of six posters in English, 1.29 MB / PDF)
- Department of Health 'Survive the Heat' poster, available in 26 languages. Printed copies can be ordered through the Department of Health website. An English language PDF is available for download
- Department of Health 'Signs of Heat exhaustion and heat stroke' in English. Printed copies can be ordered through the Department of Health website.
- Keep Cool in Yarra postcard (in English, 191 KB / PDF)
- Keep Cool in Yarra: Five Easy Ways to Keep Babies and Children Cool postcard (in English, 384 KB / PDF)
- Department of Health 'How to cope and stay safe in extreme heat' foldable DL brochure, available in 26 languages. Printed copies can be ordered through the Department of Health website. PDFs are available for download
Survive the Heat videos are available in a range of languages through the Department of Health’s Better Health Channel. Videos in all languages have subtitles and spoken language.
- Extreme heat (available in English, Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Somali, Turkish, Vietnamese)
- Heat and the elderly (available in 8 languages)
- Heat and children (available in 8 languages)
- Heat and existing medical conditions (available in 8 languages)
Emergency planning guidance
Red Cross has a range of resources for emergency planning and preparing for heatwave emergencies:
- 'Redi Plan’ template (available as a PDF download in English and Easy English, an accessible format)
- Emergency pack list (available as a PDF download in English)
- Get Prepared App (in English; available free for IOS and Android)