Financial assistance is available from the Australian and Victorian governments, Yarra City Council and other organisations during the COVID-19 pandemic to individuals, families and other households.
State and Federal Government support
The Australian and Victorian Government have introduced a variety of financial assistance packages to support the community during the pandemic. Visit their websites below to find out your eligibility and how to apply.
- Concessions and benefits - Department of Health and Human Services
- Supporting individuals and households - Treasury
- Financial support for businesses and workers - Victorian Government
- Income support for individuals and families – including me support payments, payments to support households and temporary early releases of superannuation.
- Support for families – if you receive family payments or parenting support, you may be able to receive additional support with the Economic Support Payment or the Coronavirus supplement.
Ratepayers affected by COVID-19
Please visit the Overdue rates and financial hardship page on our website for more information.
Payment arrangements can be tailored to suit each rate payer individually and their situation.
The City of Yarra offers free and confidential financial counselling, providing information and support for anyone experiencing financial difficulties.
Financial hardship policy
Download our Financial hardship policy (115KB, PDF) to understand the City of Yarra response for those experiencing financial hardship during COVID-19.
The policy aims to provide ratepayers and service users with a clear and transparent understanding of options and assistance available if currently experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic.
Yarra's Coronavirus (COVID-19) information hub
Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) information hub to find out more about how Yarra is supporting residents and businesses during this time.