Yarra Youth Ambassadors
Our Yarra Youth Ambassadors are a group of motivated young leaders, 12 to 25 years of age, who care about making a difference in their community.
As a Youth Ambassador, you will get to:
- meet and work with other young people on projects related to issues that affect you and other young people
- provide ideas and input into new programs and activities for young people in Yarra
- get trained in leadership, facilitation, enterprise, communication and advocacy skills
- set up new campaigns, enterprises or policy structures which address the issues you feel are important in the community
- If you're passionate about positive social change and making a difference then we'd love to have you join the Youth Ambassadors
- Thursdays (during school term), 4.30pm to 6.30pm at the Yarra Youth Centre
Living It Up
A weekly program for young people 16 to 25 years of age which focuses on various kinds of skill development, employment, education and vocational advice, as well as being a place to socialise with friends in a relaxed environment.
Young people drive the programs and activities, which include cooking, hip hop dancing, learning trade skills to assist with future employment, getting help with your resume and interview skills, or just hanging out with friends.
The program is free and dinner and snacks are provided.
- Tuesdays (during school term), 5.30pm to 8.30pm at the Yarra Youth Centre
To find out more about these programs call us on 9205 5555, or drop into the Youth Centre, 156 Napier Street Fitzroy