Yarra Youth Ambassadors
Yarra Youth Ambassadors are a group of motivated young leaders, 12 to 25 years of age, who care about making a difference in their community.
As a Youth Ambassador, you will get to:
- meet and work with other young people on projects related to issues that affect you and other young people
- provide ideas and input into new programs and activities for young people in Yarra
- get trained in leadership, facilitation, enterprise, communication and advocacy skills
- set up new campaigns, enterprises or policy structures which address the issues you feel are important in the community
- If you're passionate about positive social change and making a difference then we'd love to have you join the Youth Ambassadors
Check out the Youth Ambassadors on Instagram
Living It Up
A weekly program for young people 16 to 25 years of age which focuses on various kinds of skill development, employment, education and vocational advice, as well as being a place to socialise with friends in a relaxed environment.
Young people drive the programs and activities, which include cooking, hip hop dancing, learning trade skills to assist with future employment, getting help with your resume and interview skills, or just hanging out with friends.
The program is free and dinner and snacks are provided.
L2P Learner Driver Mentor Program
L2P helps young people aged 16 - 21 with their learners permit complete the necessary amount of driving hours in order to go for their P-plates.
If you don't have access to an adult with a car and/or full drivers license, you are paired with licensed adult volunteers who will drive with youin cars provided by the Yarra City Council.
There is no charge to participate, and all costs and insurances are covered by Council. Bookings are essential for this program.
To find out more about these programs call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555, or drop into the Youth Centre.