Rates notices are sent to all rate payers in August each year. You can pay the total amount due or pay your rates in instalments.
What are the instalment options?
You can pay your rates in 4 instalments on or before the following dates:
- 1st instalment: Monday 02/10/17
- 2nd instalment: Thursday 30/11/17
- 3rd instalment: Wednesday 28/02/18
- 4th instalment: Thursday 31/05/18
You can apply to pay in 10 instalments on the 15th of the month (or next business day), via direct debit only. You may also apply to pay via direct debit in 4 instalments using the dates listed in Option 1 (above).
Paying by direct debit
You can apply to pay using direct debit for 10 or 4 instalments.
To set up direct debit you need to download and complete and submit the direct debit request form or contact Yarra City Council on 9205 5555.
Note: This payment option is only available when your application is approved by Yarra City Council.
How do I submit the form?
You can submit a direct debit application form via:
- uploading the form online
- mail: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
- in person at a Yarra City Council contact centre
Continuing to pay using direct debit
If you made 4 or 10 instalments by direct debit last year and wish to continue, you do not need to fill out a form. We will continue to debit your account until you advise us otherwise in writing.
Switching direct debit options
If you are switching direct debit options you will need to submit a new direct debit request form.
Changing your details
If you are changing your details you will need to submit a new direct debit request form.
What are the other payment methods?
You can make full payments and 4 instalments using the following methods:
- Mail (Address: Yarra City Council, PO BOX 168 Richmond VIC 3121)
- Yarra ePay (or call 1300 792 772 - Note: A surcharge fee of 0.42% applies to Visa and MasterCard credit card payments).
- BPay (contact your participating bank, credit union or building society and quote both biller code 171074 and the Bpay reference number printed on your rates notice)
- Post Billpay (visit www.postbillpay.com.au or call 131 816)
Paying in person
You can also make full payments or 4 instalments using cash, Visa and MasterCard, cheque (made payable to Yarra City Council) or EFTPOS at the following:
- a Yarra City Council contact centre
- Australia Post outlets
Note: A surcharge fee of 0.5% applies to Visa and MasterCard credit card payments.