Amending a planning permit

You can amend either a planning permit or a plan. You can do this by submitting an application for either one.

In your application form, you must clearly identify the amendments sought (including clearly marked amended plans if applicable) and specify the reasons why you wish to make the amendment.

Applications will not be accepted if the form is incomplete or any sections of the form have been removed.

How do I complete the application to amend a planning permit form?


To apply under Section 72 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, please use the following form

Download the application to amend a planning permit

You can find instructions on how to fill out the application to amend a planning permit form on the back.

To apply via Secondary Consent under the planning permit, please use the following form

Secondary Consent application form

Can only be used where minor modification to the endorsed plans are required.


  • The is not provision for public consultation or advertising.  A Secondary Consent provision is not appropriate where the changes would normally require re-advertising.
  • The proposal cannot alter what the permit allow.
  • The proposal cannot approve changes to any of the conditions of the planning permit.

If we decide that your changes cannot be approved under Secondary Consent, you'll be asked to apply for a Section 72 amendment or a new permit.

How do I submit an application to amend a planning permit form?

If you would like a hard copy of the form, please pick one up from our customer contact centres or call us on 9205 5555 and ask for one to be mailed out to you.

You can submit your amendment application via:

  • mail: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
  • in person at Yarra City Council (currently not available due to COVID-19 Restrictions)

More information

    For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email