Most planning permits expire 2 years from the date of issue unless otherwise specified on the permit.
You can request to extend the life of your permit. A request must be made within 6 months of the commencement date and 12 months of the completion date.
How do I apply for extension of time?
To apply you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Write a cover letter
Provide detail whether application is for extension to:
- commencement date or
- completion date (photos and other documents required to demonstrate when works commenced and extent of works)
Reasons for why works were not commenced/ completed in time, as well as:
- any previous extensions to the permit;
- any activity undertaken, or costs incurred to proceed with the permit; and
- whether there is any change to the surrounding area which would alter the consideration of the proposal.
Step 2: Submit the extension of time request
Submit the extension of time request, a clearly providing the relevant planning permit number and address of property.
Please remember to provide all contact details, including current postal address
You can submit your extension of time request in 3 ways:
- email: email@example.com
- mail: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
- in person at a Yarra City Council contact centre
Step 3: Pay the fee - $460
VISA/Mastercard payments incur an additional surcharge of 0.5%.
Once your request has been received, you will be contacted to discuss payment of the request.
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.