You can submit an application to amend either a planning permit or a plan.
In your application form you must clearly identify the amendments sought (including clearly marked amended plans if applicable) and specify the reasons why you wish to make the amendment.
Applications will not be accepted if the form is incomplete or any sections of the form have been removed.
How do I complete the application to amend a planning permit?
Download and complete the relevant form (option 1 or 2):
- To apply under Section 72 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, please download the application to amend a planning permit (PDF).
- To apply via Secondary Consent under the planning permit, please use the Secondary Consent application form (PDF)
Please be aware of the following conditions:
- the Secondary Consent form can only be used where minor modification to the endorsed plans are required.
- the proposal cannot alter what the permit allow.
- the proposal cannot approve changes to any of the conditions of the planning permit.
- the form is not provision for public consultation or advertising.
- a Secondary Consent provision is not appropriate where the changes would normally require re-advertising.
- if we decide that your changes cannot be approved under Secondary Consent, you'll be asked to apply for a Section 72 amendment or a new permit.
How do I submit my application?
You can submit your amendment application via:
- mail: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
- in person: at the Richmond town hall (333 Bridge Road, Richmond).