224 - 256 Heidelberg Road, Fairfield
Permit number: PLN19/0912
The responsible authority won't make a decision before: Wednesday 15 April 2020
This application for a planning permit seeks approval for part demolition (the existing buildings on-site are to be demolished with the exception of sections of the heritage listed Porta building fronting Heidelberg Rd and the existing Porta Chimney stack) of the existing buildings for the development of a multi-level mixed use development (five new buildings ranging from 6 to 13 storeys plus basement which are primarily residential with lower level retail / office), altering access to a Road Zone Category 1 and use of the land for Accommodation and Commercial Display Area
Features of the proposed development include:
Construction of five new buildings and retention of sections of the existing Porta building including chimney
A total of 334 Apartments comprising of 60 x 1 bedroom, 217 x 2 bedroom and 57 x 3 bedroom.
Use for retail with a leasable floor area of 853.2sqm (no permit required), use for offices with a leasable floor area of 694.3sqm (no permit required), and use for commercial display area with leasable 163.3sqm (permit required). A permit is also required for the use of the land for residential.
A total of 451 car spaces provided within basement and lower levels of the buildings with access / egress via Yarra Bend Road (x2) and Heidelberg Road.
A total of 326 on-site bicycle spaces and storage units at basement, ground and level 1 as well as end of trip facilities on the ground level.
Have Your Say
Public information session - CANCELLEDThe health and safety of our community and staff is our top priority.
Due to health risks associated with the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) we have decided to cancel the public meeting on Tuesday 31 March 2020. For more information on the coronavirus visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Service’s website.
You can still make a submission to Council regarding the proposed redevelopment.
Your submission must be in writing and should state how you would be affected by the granting of a permit. For your submission to be valid, it must include your name and address.
Submissions can be made online using the Lodge your Objection or Lodge your Support links on this page. Please be aware that any submission received will be placed on the planning file and can be publicly viewed.
View the planning application documents below:
- Aboricultural Assessment Report.pdf ( PDF 5498.28 KB )
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Due Diligence.pdf ( PDF 8169.62 KB )
- Acoustic Report.pdf ( PDF 4936.13 KB )
- Application Form.pdf ( PDF 840.93 KB )
- Certificate of Title.pdf ( PDF 2258.54 KB )
- Development Summary.pdf ( PDF 1204.04 KB )
- Environmental Site Assessment.pdf ( PDF 61663.51 KB )
- Heritage Expert Report.pdf ( PDF 231.66 KB )
- Landscape Management Plan.pdf ( PDF 9486.12 KB )
- Materials Schedule.pdf ( PDF 1464.56 KB )
- Original Masterplan.pdf ( PDF 308.37 KB )
- Plans.pdf ( PDF 30701.48 KB )
- Presentation Renders.pdf ( PDF 2375.8 KB )
- Project Renders.pdf ( PDF 29978.75 KB )
- Survey Drawings.pdf ( PDF 821.1 KB )
- Sustainability Management Plan.pdf ( PDF 5650.62 KB )
- Town Planning Report.pdf ( PDF 4587.12 KB )
- Traffic Assessment Report.pdf ( PDF 3919.53 KB )
- Urban Context Report.pdf ( PDF 9484.35 KB )
- Waste Management Plan.pdf ( PDF 658.75 KB )
- Wind Impact Assessment.pdf ( PDF 9726.35 KB )
For more information