Visitor parking permits

You can apply for a visitor parking permit if you are resident in Yarra and are eligible.  For more information about parking permits please refer to our policy, call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or complete a customer request form.

Visitors parking permits allow your friends and family to park near your house when they come to visit. If you are a resident you can apply for a maximum of 1 visitors permit per property.

To apply for a visitors parking permit you must:

Some properties are not eligible for a parking permit. To view the conditions, visit the residential parking permit page or contact us to find out if your property is eligible for parking permits.

What documents do I need to apply?

With your Parking Permit Application Form you must attach proof of residency. If you are entitled to a concession you must attach a copy of your current concession card.

What can I use as a proof of residency?

1. Current lease agreement. If your name is not on the lease we will accept the following:

  • a copy of the lease and a witnessed statutory declaration from the lease holder stating that you are residing at the property and the date that you became a resident.
  • a current rent receipt showing your name or
  • a letter of tenancy signed by your landlord along with a copy of the landlords rates notice.

2. Contract of sale of the property

  • The property must have been purchased within last 12 months.

3. Rates notice

  • Parking permits are for residents. You must reside at the property in order to be eligible. The property and service address must be the same on the rates notice.

4. Utilities bill

  • A gas, electricity, home phone or internet bill showing current residential address (property and service address must be the same)

5. Pension Card or Health Care Card or Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Card (TPI) or Department of Veteran Affairs War Widow (TPI)

  • Concession card must be current and in the your name.

What can I use for my proof of concession status?

  • Pension Card or Health Care Card or Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Card (TPI) or Department of Veteran Affairs War Widow (TPI)
    - all concession cards must be current and in the your name.

Visitor parking permit cost

1st permit $40 (GST exempt)

2nd permit $98 (GST exempt)

3rd permit $184 (pre-existing entitlement only) (GST exempt)

I have a concession card. How much will my permits cost?

Holders of a Health Care Card, Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card or Pensioner, War Widow and TPI concession cards receive their first permit free of charge.  Second and third permits (if eligible) are charged at the first permit rate ($40).

How do I pay for my parking permit?

Payment can be in made in person or by cheque or money order and sent with the application by post. Online payments for parking permits are not yet available

  • In person: Payment can be made by cash, eftpos or credit card. Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm at any of our Customer Service centres:
    • Richmond Town Hall - 333 Bridge Rd Richmond
    • Collingwood Town Hall - 140 Hoddle St Abbotsford 3067
    • Connie Benn Centre - 160 Brunswick St Fitzroy 3065
    • Bargoonga Nganjin, North Fitzroy Library - 182 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy
  • By post: Payment can be made by personal cheque, bank cheque or money order made payable to 'Yarra City Council' and sent to:
    • Parking Administration,
      Yarra City Council
      PO Box 168 Richmond, Victoria, 3121.

For further enquiries please call City of Yarra on 9205 5555 or complete a customer request form.