Visitor parking permits allow people visiting your property to park near your house. If you are a resident you can apply for a maximum of 1 visitor permit per property.
Visitor permits are not designed for use by residents. If you are a resident at the property and are wanting to use the permit for yourself or someone else living in the property, you need to apply for a residential permit.
Parking permit information guide
Before applying, please download and review our Parking Permit information guide.
Who can apply for a visitor permit?
You can apply for a visitor Parking Permit if you are:
- A current resident of an eligible property in Yarra (must be your primary place of residence).
How many parking permits can I apply for?
*Only 1 Visitor permit can be issued to any eligible property.
- Residents are entitled to a maximum of two permits (only one permit can be a visitor).
- Rooming house residents can apply for one permit.
- You can apply for a 3rd permit if you have continually resided at the premise since before 21 October 2014 (evidence required).
- Multi-dwelling properties such as units/townhouses are not eligible for third permits.
What documents do I need to apply?
You must provide the following documents, along with your application, when you apply for a visitor parking permit:
- A completed and signed Parking Permit Application Form.
- Proof of residency.
- Concession entitlement (if applicable).
Proof of residency
You must provide one of the following documents with your application (choose from list that best applies to your circumstances).
|Renting and currently on lease
|Renting but not on lease||
*If you do not attach proof of residency with your application we will not be able to issue you with a parking permit.
Proof of concession entitlement (if applicable)
If you have a valid Health Care Card, Pensioner Card, Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card, War Widow or TPI concession card you receive your first permit free of charge.
*If you do not attach proof of entitlement with your application we will not be able to issue you with a concession-rate parking permit.
Is my property eligible for parking permits?
We can provide parking permits to most properties in Yarra.
However, if your residence was built after 10 December 2003 the property will not be eligible for a parking permit. If your property is not eligible, we will not be able to issue you with a parking permit. You can find more information on this rule here.
Apply online (use the link below) to check if your property is eligible.
You are now ready to apply online.