We offer 3 vacation care programs in partnership with local schools across the City of Yarra.
These programs aim to assist families with the care of their primary school aged children during school holiday periods.
Summer 2020 Vacation Care dates:
Mon 6th - Fri 24th January - Collingwood College
Mon 13th - Fri 24th January - Richmond West and Atherton Gardens Fitzroy
Bookings not open yet.
- Excursions (EX): $67.50
- In-house activities (IN): $54.70
- In-house visits (IV): $67.50
Families who are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy can pay a reduced fee. For more information, you can phone Centrelink on 136 150.
The line for non-English speakers is 13 12 02.
If children are not collected by 6pm, a late fee of $25.55 applies for the first 10 minutes. After this the cost is $1.33 a minute.
The Vacation Care program is held at the following locations in Yarra:
- Atherton Gardens, 125 Napier Street, Fitzroy
- Collingwood College, Corner Cromwell Street and McCutcheon Way, Collingwood
- Richmond West Primary, 25 Lennox Street, Richmond
Each day of our vacation care programs operate from 8am to 6pm. The times specified in the brochure above relate to when excursions will occur within the day.
Children must arrive no later than 9am. If you are running late please call the service your child is attending on the mobile numbers provided above.
Council provides breakfast cereal (for children who have not had breakfast) and an afternoon snack. Please provide your child with a nutritional morning snack, lunch, and a refillable bottle of water.
Please do not provide your child with any food that includes nut products.
For more information, contact us on 9205 5555 or email@example.com.
What do children do during the vacation care program?
The Vacation Care programs offer a variety of fun and age appropriate activities including indoor and outdoor games, art and craft, excursion and in house activities.
All experiences have a focus on enjoyment and leisure for primary school age children, in a safe and stimulating environment.
Who works for the vacation care program?
Our vacation care employees are qualified and experienced staff members who have all successfully completed a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, first aid qualifications and other relevant training.
The Vacation Care program follows the National Quality Framework, including the Education and Care Act & Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standards.
Do you offer inclusive programs?
We offer inclusive programs for all children.
Please contact the program prior to enrolment if your child requires additional support or if you require further information on the Inclusion Support Programme.
How do I enrol my child into the vacation care program?
Our services are now subscribed to our online enrolment management program called QK Enrol using the My Family Lounge service.
You will be able to register, create and update your enrolment details, emergency contacts and vital health information for your child when using the desktop site on a compatible device: information is simply added into the online enrolment form.
How do I register?
Using our online registration form
- You will be required to enter your email address and a chosen password before selecting the register button.
- You will then need to enter your given name and surname along with your email address before selecting the register button again.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you and you will need to select thebutton to complete the registration process.
- Once registered, families can log in and commence the enrolment process for their child, adding information as necessary. You will be required to upload relevant documentation, including Immunisation Status Certificate (as required by law), information about your child’s health and medical conditions if applicable (ie: medical management plan) and current Health Care Card if applicable.
- When completed, you will need to select thebutton.
Children must be enrolled to attend our after school care program. There is no cost to enrol and it is recommended as you may then use the after school care should you need to unexpectedly. Please allow up to one week for your enrolment to be processed and confirmed.
Have a question about vacation care?
If you have a question about vacation care, you can ask us.