What is vacation care?
We offer 3 vacation care programs in partnership with local schools across the City of Yarra.
These programs aim to assist families with the care of their primary school aged children during school holiday periods.
What do children do during the vacation care program?
The Vacation Care programs offer a variety of fun and age appropriate activities including indoor and outdoor games, art and craft, excursion and in house activities.
All experiences have a focus on enjoyment and leisure for primary school age children, in a safe and stimulating environment.
Who works for the vacation care program?
Our vacation care employees are qualified and experienced staff members who have all successfully completed a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, first aid qualifications and other relevant training.
The Vacation Care program follows the National Quality Framework, including the Education and Care Act & Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standards.
Do you offer inclusive programs?
We offer inclusive programs for all children.
Please contact the program prior to enrolment if your child requires additional support or if you require further information on the Inclusion Support Programme.
How to enrol for a vacation care program?
You need download, complete and submit an enrolment form. Updated forms for 2019 will be available in mid-November.
Have a question about vacation care
If you have a question about vacation care, you can ask us.
Vacation Care Summer 2019 program
The Summer 2019 program will be announced in late November.
The program dates are as follows:
1st week: 7th – 11th January 2019 (Collingwood College ONLY)
2nd week: 14th – 18th January 2019
3rd week: 21st - 25th January 2019
Booking deadline – Friday 14th December 2018
ISS booking deadline – Friday 7th December 2018
- Please complete the Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) enrolment form 2019 per child due by the booking deadline (unless already completed). The OSHC enrolment form includes both after care and vacation care
- Current medical plans, court orders and direct debit request forms if not previously provided are due by Friday 14th December.
- Please send documents: via email to email@example.com ; post (post 5 working days before the booking deadline) to City of Yarra, OSHC, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121; or, deliver in person to a City of Yarra Customer Service Centre.
- If your child requires additional staff support please contact the office one week prior to the booking deadline so we can organise funding for additional staff and ask for any specific support information.
Please note that changes and/or cancellations, with a refund of fees will only be accepted up to the booking deadline. Cancellations or absences after this time are not refunded unless a medical certificate is presented.
- Changes to bookings must be made by the booking deadline via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All families are required to set up a direct debit. If you have not yet completed a direct debit request form, you will be required to do this before your booking is confirmed.
- Bookings will not be processed until all outstanding bills have been paid or a payment plan has been agreed to before the booking deadline. If you haven’t received your statement or would like to discuss further please contact the office.
Online booking process
(if completing an enrolment form you can still proceed with bookings, once we have the enrolment and bookings a confirmation will be given)
Step 1 – Book Online into our Vacation Care program
Step 2 - Complete all required fields, choose the centre and tick the days required, Submit. The screen will state we have received your booking.
Step 3 - You will receive an automatic email response from the address email@example.com This is a response to say we have received your booking request. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION.
Step 4 - An email confirmation will be sent within a few days from mbxVacationCare@yarracity.com.au
If certain days are filling up to capacity then families who are not within the priority of access may not receive the email confirmation until the booking deadline.
If you have more than one child you want to attend Vacation Care, you will need to repeat steps 1 to 3 for each child.
To request a hard copy booking form, please contact us 9205 5555.
At the end of each Vacation Care program we will send you an invoice with the amount owing.
Effective 1st April 2018, all Outside School Hours Care accounts are required to be maintained with a direct debit from either a bank account or credit card. When registering for this service, you are able to:
- Elect the maximum funds that are direct debited, so there are no unexpected debits.
- Whether the direct debit is weekly or fortnightly.
- The day of the week that the direct debit is debited, such as a Monday.
- In the case of vacation care, elect payment installments over the term.
The service we currently use for direct debit is Debit Success and is directly linked to your account in our computer software. If your account is sitting in credit or at a zero balance, no funds will be taken from your account.
All account holders will need to download, complete and submit a DebitSuccess form.
To request a hard copy of the form or if you have any questions or feedback regarding this, please contact a member of the Outside School Hours Care team on 9205 5555.
What are the fees for vacation care?
EX - Excursions: $66.00
IN - In-house activities: $53.50
IV - In-house visits: $66.00
The Vacation Care program is held at the following locations in Yarra:
- Atherton Gardens, 125 Napier Street, Fitzroy
- Collingwood College, Corner Cromwell Street and McCutcheon Way, Collingwood
- Richmond West Primary, 25 Lennox Street, Richmond
Each day of our Vacation Care program operates from 8am to 6pm. The times specified in the brochure above relate to when excursions will occur within the day.
Children must arrive no later than 9am. If you are running late please call the service your child is attending on the mobile numbers provided above.
Late fees: If children are not collected by 6pm, a late fee of $25 applies for the first 10 minutes. After this the cost is $1.30 a minute.
Families who have registered for the Child Care Benefit with the Family Assistance Office can pay a reduced fee. The Family Assistance Office can be contacted on 136 150.
The line for non-English speakers is 13 12 02.
Child Care Subsidy
As of July 2nd 2018 the Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate will be replaced with Child Care Subsidy. Your Child Care Benefit registration WILL NOT automatically roll over. To register for Child Care Subsidy you MUST have a myGov account and complete an assessment. Additionally, to claim Child Care Subsidy you will need to accept the bookings you make with us through myGov and sign a paper based agreement with us prior to commencing care. Please note that Child Care Subsidy approvals may change the level of benefit you currently receive. For more information please visit:
Council provides breakfast cereal (for children who have not had breakfast) and an afternoon snack. Please provide your child with a nutritional morning snack, lunch, and a bottle of water. Please do not provide your child with any food that includes nut products.
Outside School Hours Care