We offer three vacation care programs in partnership with local schools across the City of Yarra.
These programs aim to assist families with the care of their primary school aged children during school holiday periods.
We offer a range of activities onsite and offsite, focusing on our community, the environment, well-being and education. Our program is inclusive of all children.
Winter vacation care program
Our two sites Collingwood College and Richmond West Primary School will be operating at the up and coming winter program. *Atherton Gardens service will not be running due to expected low numbers.
Booking deadline: 4pm Monday 15 June
Inclusion support booking deadline: 4pm on Monday 8 June
Please see: Winter 2020 Vacation Care Brochure for program information.
Bookings will not be accepted unless a submitted enrolment has been confirmed. Go to the ‘register here’ section below if it is your first time using the service.
Winter vacation care bookings have now closed.
- You will receive an automatic email response from firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached pdf of your booking request.
- This is NOT a booking confirmation.
- If you have more than one child attending, repeat the booking steps.
- Confirmation will be sent via email email@example.com
Changes or cancellations to bookings
- Changes and cancellations to bookings must be made by Monday 15 June via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations or absences after this time are not refunded unless a medical certificate is presented.
No child should attend vacation care if they are unwell.
- Yarra is committed to protecting the health and safety of your child during our winter program. We’re following strict hygiene practices, and undertaking frequent cleaning consistent with current Department of Education guidelines.
- Parents will be required to drop off and collect their children outside in the foyer areas. If you would like to speak to the supervisor, please email or call the service mobile.
Read more about changes to Yarra's services due to COVID-19.
How do I register?
Using our online registration form
- You'll be required to enter your email address and a chosen password before selecting the register button.
- You'll then need to enter your given name and surname along with your email address before selecting the register button again.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you and you will need to select the button to complete the registration process.
- Once registered, families can log in and commence the enrolment process for their child, adding information as necessary. You will be required to upload relevant documentation, including Immunisation Status Certificate (as required by law), information about your child’s health and medical conditions if applicable (ie: medical management plan) and current Health Care Card if applicable.
- When completed, you will need to select the button.
Once submitted successfully you will receive an email with a .pdf copy of your child's enrolment. Please allow up to one week for your enrolment to be processed and confirmed by our Admin team. Email correspondence is from email@example.com
The completed form enrolment also allows for After School Care bookings at our selected schools.
Visit the After School Care page for more information.
Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
Families who are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy can pay a reduced fee. For more information, you can phone Centrelink on 136 150 or visit the Services Australia website.
The line for non-English speakers is 13 12 02.
Full fees will be charged until CCS claims are approved
Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing, transition to work, temporary financial hardship and grandparent) is a payment from the Australian Government for families who need practical help with the cost of child care.
For more information, visit the New Child Care Package page on the Department of Education website.
Excursions (EX): $69.20
In-house activities (IN): $56.05
In-house visits (IV): $69.20
All families are required to set up a direct debit. Payment will be debited from your nominated bank account fortnightly: current fortnight plus 2 weeks in advance.
Changes or cancellations with a refund of fees will be accepted by the booking deadline.
Centrelink do offer Additional Child Care Subsidy to assist with paying fees, find out more on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment website.
If children are not collected by 6pm, a late fee of $25.55 applies for the first 10 minutes. After this the cost is $1.33 a minute.
Atherton Gardens, 125 Napier Street, Fitzroy.
Program Mobile number: 0438 205 422
Collingwood College, Corner Cromwell Street and McCutcheon Way, Collingwood
Program mobile number: 0438 205 224
Richmond West Primary, 25 Lennox Street, Richmond.
Program mobile number: 0412 418 194
What to bring
Please provide morning tea, lunch, additional snacks and a refillable water bottle. We provide an afternoon snack. As we have children with allergies attending, please do not bring nut products to the program. Please provide a wide brimmed hat as part of our sunsmart policy.
Each day of our vacation care programs operate from 8am to 6pm. The times specified in the brochure specify when excursions will occur within the day.
Children must arrive no later than 9am. If you are running late please call the service your child is attending on the mobile numbers provided above.
The types of transport will include seat belted coach buses, mini buses, public transport and walking. This will be stated under each excursion when completing bookings.
Council provides breakfast cereal (for children who have not had breakfast) and an afternoon snack. Please provide your child with a nutritional morning snack, lunch, and a refillable bottle of water.
Please do not provide your child with any food that includes nut products.
What do children do during the vacation care program?
The Vacation Care programs offer a variety of fun and age appropriate activities including indoor and outdoor games, art and craft, excursion and in house activities.
All experiences have a focus on enjoyment and leisure for primary school age children, in a safe and stimulating environment.
A risk assessment has been prepared for each excursion and routine outing. In the instance that an excursion is booked to capacity, in-house activities or in-house visits are offered to families as an alternative.
Who works for the vacation care program?
Our vacation care employees are qualified and experienced staff members who have all successfully completed a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, first aid qualifications and other relevant training.
The Vacation Care program follows the National Quality Framework, including the Education and Care Act & Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standards.
Do you offer inclusive programs?
We offer inclusive programs for all children.
Please contact the program prior to enrolment if your child requires additional support or if you require further information on the Inclusion Support Program.
For more information, contact us on 03 9205 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org