What is vacation care?
We offer 3 vacation care programs in partnership with local schools across the City of Yarra.
These programs aim to assist families with the care of their primary school aged children during school holiday periods.
What do children do during the vacation care program?
The Vacation Care programs offer a variety of fun and age appropriate activities including indoor and outdoor games, art and craft, excursion and in house activities.
All experiences have a focus on enjoyment and leisure for primary school age children, in a safe and stimulating environment.
Who works for the vacation care program?
Our vacation care employees are qualified and experienced staff members who have all successfully completed a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, first aid qualifications and other relevant training.
The Vacation Care program follows the National Quality Framework, including the Education and Care Act & Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standards.
Do you offer inclusive programs?
We offer inclusive programs for all children.
Please contact the program prior to enrolment if your child requires additional support or if you require further information on the Inclusion Support Programme.
How to enrol for a vacation care program?
You need download, complete and submit an enrolment form.
Have a question about vacation care
If you have a question about vacation care, you can ask us.
Vacation Care spring program 2017
View our spring Vacation Care program in this brochure.
- Please complete the Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) enrolment form 2017 per child due by Monday 11 September (unless already completed). The OSHC enrolment form includes both after care and vacation care
- Current medical plans/forms, if necessary, are due by the booking deadline
- Please send documents via email to email@example.com or post (post 4 working days before the booking deadline) to PO Box 168 Richmond 3121
- If your child requires additional staff support please contact the office by Monday 28 August so we can organise funding for additional staff and ask for any specific support information
Booking deadline – Monday 11 September 2017.
Please note that changes and/or cancellations, with a refund of fees will only be accepted up to the deadline. Cancellations or absences after this time are not refunded unless a medical certificate is presented.
- Changes to bookings must be made by the booking deadline via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings will not be processed until all outstanding bills have been paid or a payment plan has been agreed to before the booking deadline. If you haven’t received your statement or would like to discuss further please contact the office.
Online booking process
(if completing an enrolment form you can still proceed with bookings, once we have the enrolment and bookings a confirmation will be given)
Step 1 – Book online into our Vacation Care spring program
Step 2 - Complete all required fields, choose the centre and tick the days required, Submit. The screen will state we have received your booking.
Step 3 - You will receive an automatic email response from the address email@example.com This is a response to say we have received your booking request. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION.
Step 4 - An email confirmation will be sent within a few days from mbxVacationCare@yarracity.com.au
If certain days are filling up to capacity then families who are not within the priority of access may not receive the email confirmation until the booking deadline.
If you have more than one child you want to attend Vacation Care, you will need to repeat steps 1 to 3 for each child.
To request a hard copy booking form, please contact us 9205 5555.
At the end of each Vacation Care program we will send you an invoice with the amount you need to pay. Payment can be made by:
- a cheque or money order to: Vacation Care, Yarra City Council, PO Box 168, Richmond, 3121 (*must mail out 4 working days before deadline).
- cash or EFTPOS at Richmond Town Hall (333 Bridge Road, Richmond) or Collingwood Town Hall (140 Hoddle Street, Abbotsford) or the Connie Benn Centre (160 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy) on weekdays from 8.30am - 5pm.
- direct debit from your credit card or bank account. Call Vacation Care on 9205 5454 or 9205 5482 to register your details.
- BPay – details will be sent with your Vacation Care invoice.
What are the fees for vacation care?
EX - Excursions: $62.50
IN - In-House activities: $52.50
IV - In-house visits: $62.50
The Vacation Care program is held at the following locations in Yarra:
- Atherton Gardens, 125 Napier Street, Fitzroy
- Collingwood College, Islington Street, Collingwood
- Richmond West Primary, 25 Lennox Street, Richmond
Each day of our Vacation Care program operates from 8am to 6pm. The times specified in the brochure above relate to when excursions will occur within the day.
Children must arrive no later than 9am. If you are running late please call the service your child is attending on the mobile numbers provided above.
Late fees: If children are not collected by 6pm, a late fee of $25 applies for the first 10 minutes. After this the cost is $1.30 a minute.
Families who have registered for the Child Care Benefit with the Family Assistance Office can pay a reduced fee. The Family Assistance Office can be contacted on 13 6 150. The line for non-English speakers is 13 12 02.
Council provides breakfast cereal (for children who have not had breakfast) and an afternoon snack. Please provide your child with a nutritional morning snack, lunch, and a bottle of water. Please do not provide your child with any food that includes nut products.
We have recently received direction from the Commonwealth Department of Education that the Merri Creek component of our spring Vacation Care program is not eligible for Child Care Benefit funding and is therefore unable to operate at this time. We are working with both schools to determine the best way forward for future programs. We welcome and encourage families to attend Vacation Care programs offered at our other sites. Read more about other Vacation Care programs.
Outside School Hours Care