What is vacation care?
We offer 3 vacation care programs in partnership with local schools across the City of Yarra.
These programs aim to assist families with the care of their primary school aged children during school holiday periods.
What do children do during the vacation care program?
The Vacation Care programs offer a variety of fun and age appropriate activities including indoor and outdoor games, art and craft, excursion and in house activities.
All experiences have a focus on enjoyment and leisure for primary school age children, in a safe and stimulating environment.
Who works for the vacation care program?
Our vacation care employees are qualified and experienced staff members who have all successfully completed a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, first aid qualifications and other relevant training.
The Vacation Care program follows the National Quality Framework, including the Education and Care Act & Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Standards.
Do you offer inclusive programs?
We offer inclusive programs for all children.
Please contact the program prior to enrolment if your child requires additional support or if you require further information on the Inclusion Support Programme.
How to enrol for a vacation care program?
You need download, complete and submit an enrolment form.
Have a question about vacation care
If you have a question about vacation care, you can ask us.
Vacation Care Autumn program 2018
View our Autumn Vacation Care program: VacationCareAutumn2018program
Bookings for the Autumn 2018 program will close on Wednesday, March 21st.
- Please complete the Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) enrolment form 2018 per child due by the booking deadline (unless already completed). The OSHC enrolment form includes both after care and vacation care
- Current medical plans/forms, if necessary, are due by the booking deadline
- Please send documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post (post 4 working days before the booking deadline) to PO Box 168 Richmond 3121
- If your child requires additional staff support please contact the office one week prior to the booking deadline so we can organise funding for additional staff and ask for any specific support information.
Please note that changes and/or cancellations, with a refund of fees will only be accepted up to the deadline. Cancellations or absences after this time are not refunded unless a medical certificate is presented.
- Changes to bookings must be made by the booking deadline via email, email@example.com
- Bookings will not be processed until all outstanding bills have been paid or a payment plan has been agreed to before the booking deadline. If you haven’t received your statement or would like to discuss further please contact the office.
Online booking process
(if completing an enrolment form you can still proceed with bookings, once we have the enrolment and bookings a confirmation will be given)
Step 1 – Book Online into our Vacation Care program
Step 2 - Complete all required fields, choose the centre and tick the days required, Submit. The screen will state we have received your booking.
Step 3 - You will receive an automatic email response from the address firstname.lastname@example.org This is a response to say we have received your booking request. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION.
Step 4 - An email confirmation will be sent within a few days from mbxVacationCare@yarracity.com.au
If certain days are filling up to capacity then families who are not within the priority of access may not receive the email confirmation until the booking deadline.
If you have more than one child you want to attend Vacation Care, you will need to repeat steps 1 to 3 for each child.
To request a hard copy booking form, please contact us 9205 5555.
At the end of each Vacation Care program we will send you an invoice with the amount owing.
Effective 1st April 2018, all Outside School Hours Care accounts are required to be maintained with a direct debit from either a bank account or credit card. When registering for this service, you are able to:
- Elect the maximum funds that are direct debited, so there are no unexpected debits.
- Whether the direct debit is weekly or fortnightly.
- The day of the week that the direct debit is debited, such as a Monday.
- In the case of vacation care, elect payment installments over the term.
The service we currently use for direct debit is Ezidebit and is directly linked to your account in our computer software. If your account is sitting in credit or at a zero balance, no funds will be taken from your account.
All account holders will need to download, complete and submit an Ezidebit form.
To request a hard copy of the form or if you have any questions or feedback regarding this, please contact a member of the Outside School Hours Care team on 9205 5555.
What are the fees for vacation care?
EX - Excursions: $66.00
IN - In-house activities: $53.50
IV - In-house visits: $66.00
The Vacation Care program is held at the following locations in Yarra:
- Atherton Gardens, 125 Napier Street, Fitzroy
- Collingwood College, Islington Street, Collingwood
- Richmond West Primary, 25 Lennox Street, Richmond
Each day of our Vacation Care program operates from 8am to 6pm. The times specified in the brochure above relate to when excursions will occur within the day.
Children must arrive no later than 9am. If you are running late please call the service your child is attending on the mobile numbers provided above.
Late fees: If children are not collected by 6pm, a late fee of $25 applies for the first 10 minutes. After this the cost is $1.30 a minute.
Families who have registered for the Child Care Benefit with the Family Assistance Office can pay a reduced fee. The Family Assistance Office can be contacted on 13 6 150. The line for non-English speakers is 13 12 02.
Council provides breakfast cereal (for children who have not had breakfast) and an afternoon snack. Please provide your child with a nutritional morning snack, lunch, and a bottle of water. Please do not provide your child with any food that includes nut products.
We have recently received direction from the Commonwealth Department of Education that the Merri Creek component of our spring Vacation Care program is not eligible for Child Care Benefit funding and is therefore unable to operate at this time. We are working with both schools to determine the best way forward for future programs. We welcome and encourage families to attend Vacation Care programs offered at our other sites. Read more about other Vacation Care programs.
Outside School Hours Care