Due to the increase in COVID-19 transmission in the community we have made further changes to our immunisation service to make sure that we keep our staff, clients and families safe and healthy.
Yarra recognises the importance of protecting the community from vaccine preventable diseases and, while there is currently no COVID-19 vaccine, we want to encourage the community to keep up-to-date with their and their family's immunisations.
The health and safety of our clients is our priority and, to ensure the community feel confident in attending our immunisation clinics, we have implemented the following precautions to protect you and your family from COVID-19 infection.
Upcoming immunisation sessions
Some clinics have recently been changed, please check the immunisation schedule before coming.
Immunisation schedule – updated JULY–DEC 2020 (190KB, PDF)
When you arrive at our Immunisation Clinic
When you and your family arrive at the centre one of our staff will greet you and your family at the venue entrance and:
- Go through a screening questionnaire
- Provide hand sanitiser
- provide a single-use surgical mask for you and any family member aged 12 years and older to wear while in the clinic
Physical distancing is required
While you are waiting to get your immunisations our staff will request that you and your family follow these instructions:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres when waiting to enter the clinic venue
- Stay in the designated waiting area before/after immunisation
- Only one parent with one child in the immunisation area at one time. *newborns may have both parents in attendance
Our staff will be taking extra precautions
While providing an excellent immunisation service, our immunisation team will be:
- Wearing masks
- Regularly using hand santiser
- Cleaning surfaces
- Available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have
Please DO NOT attend any of our immunisation clinics if you or any of your family are not well
In order to protect your family and our staff please stay home if you:
- Are feeling unwell (especially with a fever, sore throat, runny / stuffy nose, cough, loss of taste or smell)
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not received a clearance
- Are a contact of someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to keep the community safe.