We provide two after school care programs for primary school aged children. Our programs are staffed by qualified primary teachers, youth workers and early childhood educators.
Our programs meet the National Quality Standards for Education and Care services and follow the My Time, Our Place Framework for School Aged Care.
Our after school programs provide:
- A safe and inclusive environment where our teams partner with the children, families and community to meet their needs.
- Consistent, qualified educators that engage in ongoing professional development.
- Opportunities to support children to be strong and confident learners
- Learning environments, both indoors and outdoors that provide children with opportunities to explore, experiment, create, take risks and play.
- A focus on health and well-being in our programming and menus.
We offer inclusive programs for children of all abilities. If your child needs additional support or you would like further information on the inclusion support programme, please contact the after school care program prior to enrolment.
No child should attend after school care if they are unwell.
- Yarra is committed to protecting the health and safety of your child during our program. We’re following strict hygiene practices, and undertaking frequent cleaning consistent with current Department of Education guidelines.
- Parents will be required to drop off and collect their children outside in the foyer areas. If you would like to speak to the supervisor, please email or call the service mobile.
Times and locations
|Name of school||Address||Days and times||Phone||Transport|
|25 Lennox Street,
Monday to Friday
3.30pm to 6pm
9429 7502 or
0412 418 194
|Collingwood College||Vere Street,
Monday to Friday
3pm to 6pm
9416 2820 or
0438 205 224
Children can be collected
For sessions at Collingwood College, children can be collected and transported from St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School by Yarra City Community mini bus with seat belts, driver plus 2 Educators. If the bus is not available our Educators will collect and safely walk the children to Collingwood College.
Cost of after school care
Regular bookings cost $19.30 per day and casual bookings cost $22.00 per day.
Bookings for a curriculum day are $51.60 per day. This cost may vary depending on the duration of the day.
The service closure time is strictly 6.00pm and all children must be collected by this time. Late fees will apply if children are not collected by 6pm. A fee of $26.80 will apply for the first 10 minutes.
Families who are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy can pay a reduced fee. To register for the Child Care Subsidy you must have a myGov account and complete an assessment.
Visit the Victorian Government website for more information.
How do I register and enrol my child for after school care?
We use the online management system Xplor for enrolments and bookings. Families are required to submit a completed enrolment before bookings can be accepted.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A paper copy can also be obtained and submitted at any of the City of Yarra Customer Service Centres.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for your enrolment to be processed.
Once enrolment has been confirmed we will forward you the information on how to book for regular and casual sessions.
Please email email@example.com for further information.
If you need to cancel a confirmed casual or permanent booking, please provide two weeks notice to avoid incurring a charge.
If your child is unwell or unable to attend a session they are booked for, it is very important that you let us know.
If the service is not advised of your child’s absence, a 'lost child' response will be triggered from the service prompting calls to family, emergency contacts or police, searches of the school and surrounding areas. The safety of your child is paramount.
Accounts are charged two weeks in advance from the end of the billing fortnight. All After School Care accounts are required to be maintained with a direct debit from either a bank account or credit card.
When registering for this service you can:
- Elect the maximum funds that are direct debited so there are no unexpected debits
- Nominate the day of the week for the direct debit to take place
The service used for direct debit is DebitSuccess which will be directly linked to your account in our computer software. No funds will be debited if your After School Care account is sitting in credit or has a zero balance.
If you have any questions about payment or wish to receive a hard copy of this form, please contact a member of the After School Care team on 03 9205 5555.
Find out more
Read our Family Handbook (749kB PDF)
If you have a question about After School Care you can ask us.