As we move towards the Third Step of the Victorian Government’s roadmap to reopening and eased COVID-19 restrictions, we have developed a new application process for hospitality businesses in Yarra to expand their outdoor dining space.
Apply to extend your outdoor dining space
- using the footpath space in front of your own property.
- using the footpath space in front of neighbouring properties
- using the on-street car parking bay(s) directly outside your business
- closing laneways and side streets
- using council-owned outdoor land (such as parks or gardens)
- using outdoor private property (such as a carpark on your property)
How do I Apply?
Please read the Expanding outdoor dining guidelines before submitting your application.
You can also read more about our Parklet guidelines.
Under the Third Step of the Victorian Government's roadmap to reopening, hospitality businesses will be restricted to ‘predominantly outdoor dining’.
The Victorian Government has also announced an Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package.
Hospitality businesses can apply for grants of up to $5,000 for practical items to extend their outdoor dining. This could include umbrellas, outdoor furniture, screens and other equipment, training, advertising and other support.
We’re eager to work with all our hospitality businesses to make extended outdoor dining a safe, practical reality where possible in Yarra.
For more information, contact our Economic Development team on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com