Personal care and body art businesses include:
- permanent or semi-permanent makeup (cosmetic tattooing)
- facial or body treatments
- manicure or pedicures
- application or mending of artificial nails
- epilation by electrolysis or wax
- ear-piercing and other skin penetration services
- colonic irrigation
You must register your personal care or body art business with us.
Complete a pre-application form to tell us about your proposed business. We'll get back to you and help you apply for the correct permits.
Renew your registration
If you have a low-risk premise, you apply for a once-off registration which does not need to be renewed annually.
If have a high-risk premise, you need to renew your registration annually.
The Department of Health and Human Services has information on setting up and running a personal care and body art business.
Download design and fit out information specific to personal care and body art services.