Accommodation business registration

A rooming house requires registration if there are four or more people residing. All other types of accommodation requires registration if 6 or more people are residing (excluding members of the operator’s family)

If you are opening, buying or selling an accommodation business you need to ensure the premises is registered with us.

Download and complete the Application for Registration of a prescribed accommodation premise

For details of fit out and compliance requirements such as the maximum number of people that can be accommodated in each room you will need to refer the relevant provisions of the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009.