Real estate agents operating in the City of Yarra must obtain an annual licence to display free-standing signs (pointer boards).
Displaying real estate signs
Free-standing real estate agent signs (pointer boards) may only be displayed between 8am and 5pm on the day of a property sale or 30 minutes before and after a premise is open for inspection.
Your free-standing real estate agent sign must:
- not exceed 0.6 metres in width or 0.9 metres in height
- be tied down or secured to ensure there is not a risk for pedestrians, property or passing traffic
- not be placed on roundabouts, roadways, traffic islands or garden beds at any time
Footpath trading policy
We have created a Footpath Trading Policy. Make sure you adhere to the requirements of the policy with respect to the real estate signs.
What is the real estate sign annual licence fee?
The real estate agent sign license fee is $777 (GST Free) per agency or franchise.
How do I apply for a real estate sign annual licence?
Step 1: You need to download, complete and submit an Application for Public Space Licence Agreement.
Step 2: You can submit your application via:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
- in person at a Yarra City Council contact centre
Approval of applications
Once the completed application has been received we will send you an invoice for the real estate annual sign licence fee. As soon as you pay the annual licence fee you may place your sign.
Real estate sign licence renewals
Your real estate licence must be renewed by 30 September each year. A renewal will be sent to you prior to this date. Ensure you lodge your signed renewal along with any changes to your current contact details prior to 30 September.
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com