When do I need a permit?
If you are placing a shipping container or portable self storage container on our land you will need a permit.
How do I apply?
- Download the Application Form. Fill it out and save it to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents.
- Read our permit user guide to help with submitting an online application, creating a new login and resetting your password.
- Click here to submit your application online.
- You will receive automatic verification and an application number which must be used for all future correspondence.
- You will be notified once an assessment has been completed.
- If your works involve closing any of our roads, you will need to provide 7 days written notification to surrounding residents. You can download our notification letter template to assist you. All stakeholders within 100m must be notified. All letters must be stamped approved by Council prior to distribution. Please also attach a map for the proposed delivery are of the notification for approval. Permits will not be activated if the letter has not been approved.
How long will my application take to process?
Initial assessment of your application can take up to 5 working days. A permit cannot be issued until all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory.
A fast track assessment option is now available.
On payment of a non refundable fast track fee of $132 permit applications for works due to commence within 7 days will be assessed as a priority.
This initial assessment may result in the request for further information which may delay the processing time.
You must :
- Submit a completed online application.
- Outline your request to fast track the assessment in the ‘application description’ section.
- Submit at least 24 hours before works commencing.
Your application will be assessed as a priority.
How much does it cost?
$142.00 per day
Parking Fees may apply if the area you are requesting is a metered parking bay.
- Occupation of parking bays - parking metre/first day : $66.50
- Parking metre/each day thereafter: $33.50
How can I request an update of my permit application?
You can request an update of your permit application using an online enquiry. A permits officer will respond to your request.
Please note initial assessment of your application can take up to 5 working days.