When do I need a permit?
If you are placing a shipping container or portable self storage container on our land you will need a permit.
How do I apply?
- Download the application form. Fill it out and save it to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents.
- Read our permit user guide to help with submitting an online application, creating a new login and resetting your password.
- Click here to submit your application online.
- You will receive an application number immediately and it will be sent directly to the permits team for processing.
- You will be notified once an assessment has been completed.
- If your works involve closing any of our roads, you will need to provide 7 days written notification to surrounding residents. A notification letter template to assist with this can be found here. All letters must be stamped approved by Council prior to distribution. Permits will not be activated if the letter has not been approved.
There is 2 options to satisfy the requirement for the notification letter:
- Distribute a letter 7 days prior to works; or
- Distribute a monthly notification letter, followed by a notification letter 2 days prior to works.
How long will my application take to process?
You can expect to have your permit generally within 3 business days from when all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory.
A fast track assessment option is now available.
On payment of a non refundable fast track fee of $120.00 your permit application will be assessed as a priority.
This initial assessment may result in the request for further information which may delay the processing time.
You must :
- Submit a completed online application.
- Outline your request to fast track the assessment in the ‘application description’ section.
- Submit at least 24 hours before works commencing.
Your application will be assessed as a priority.
How much does it cost?
$137.00 per day