When do I need a permit?
If you are placing a shipping container or portable self storage container on our land you will need a permit.
How do I apply?
Applications are submitted online.
- Download the application form. Fill it out and save it to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents.
- Read our permit user guide to help with submitting an online application, creating a new login and resetting your password.
- Click here to submit your application online.
- You will receive an application number immediately and it will be sent directly to the permits team for processing.
- You will be notified once an assessment has been completed.
- If your works involve closing any of our roads, you will need to provide 7 days written notification to surrounding residents. A template to assist with this can be found here.
How long will my application take to process?
You can expect to have your permit generally within 3 business days from when all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory.
You can speed up the process by paying a fast track fee of $70 at Richmond Town Hall. You must provide all the required documentation.
How much it cost?
- $130.70 per day for containers up to six metres in length (up to 20 feet)
- $260.30 per day for containers between 6-12 metres in length (20-40 feet)