When do I need a permit?
If you are placing hoarding, temporary fencing, scaffolding or gantry on our land you will need a road/ footpath occupation permit.
How do I apply?
- Download the application form. Fill it out and save it to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents.
- Read our permit user guide to help with submitting an online application, creating a new login and resetting your password.
- Click here to submit your application online.
- You will receive automatic confirmation and an application number which must be used for all future correspondence.
- You will be notified once an assessment has been completed.
- If your works involve closing any of our roads, you will need to provide 7 days written notification to surrounding residents. A template to assist with this can be found here. All stakeholders within 100m must be notified. All letters must be stamped approved by Council prior to distribution. Please also attach a map for the proposed delivery are of the notification for approval. Permits will not be activated if the letter has not been approved.
- For CMP sites, please refer to your Planning Permit or click here for further information.
How long will my application take to process?
Initial assessment of your application can take up to 5 working days. A permit cannot be issued until all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory.
Should you wish to speed up the process you can attend Richmond Town Hall in person and pay a fast track fee of $120.00. All required documentation must be supplied at this time.
How can I request an update of my permit application?
You can request an update of your permit application using an on-line enquiry. A permits officer will respond to your request.
Please note initial assessment of your application can take up to 5 working days.
How much will my permit cost?
- Permit fee: $83.15
- Occupancy fee
- Private single dwelling: $5.00 per square metre per week
- Commercial: $9.15 per square metre per week
- Inspection fee: $151.55 (minimum 2 inspections)
- Out of hours inspection fee: $460.35 (if required)
I want to extend my permit
You must extend your permit prior to the permit expiry date.
You can extend your permit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9205 5555 and provide the following information:
- permit number
- site address
- number of weeks to be extended
- if there is any changes to the area being occupied
- contact details
- certificate of currency - if the copy on file has expired, you need to send a new certificate of currency.
- other authority approvals (if applicable) - if the extension dates are not covered in the approval on file, you need to contact the relevant authority and request changes.