You may need a planning permit and a building permit when you build a fence.

If you need to block the road or footpath in order to build the fence, you will need a Road/Footpath Occupation Permit

Shared fence with neighbours

You may need to discuss the shared fencing between yours and your neighbours property. We have no involvement in shared fences or any costs relating to shared fences. We can provide your neighbours contact details to discuss these matters. You can request these details in writing, by downloading and sending the request form to us at info@yarracity.vic.gov.au. 

If you are having a fencing dispute with your neighbour we unfortunately cannot help. You can find out more information and which agencies to contact at Victoria State Government - Fencing law in Victoria.