Join our Environment Advisory Committee
Tuesday 26 April 2022
We are seeking nominations from community members who would like to be part of the Environment Advisory Committee (EAC).
The Environment Advisory Committee provides advice to Council on policy, strategy, and other key priorities to progress our response to all aspects of urban environmental sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to:
- climate change
- resource efficiency across water, waste, and energy
- local food systems and greenery
- the built environment
Who are the committee members?
We are seeking to appoint up to sixteen community members to the committee who have:
- A demonstrated interest in and knowledge of environmental issues.
- Technical knowledge and experience in urban environmental issues.
- Representation of members from different local community groups to represent Yarra’s diverse community.
- A mix of skills and attributes to complement other members of the Committee.
- Availability to attend bi-monthly meetings.
Two Councillors will also be appointed to the committee for a one-year term.
How long are the terms for committee members?
The appointment to this committee is for two years.
When and where will the meetings take place?
Regular meetings take place once every two months. Additional meetings may be needed on a case-by-case basis.
Meetings are held in person where possible, otherwise they will be conducted online.
How do I get involved?
If you would like to be involved as a community representative, please fill out the expression of interest form below.
Expressions of interest close at 11:59pm on Sunday 15 May.
Find out more
For more information in this committee and recruitment process please call Michael Oke on 9205 5723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org