Resolutions and other motions from this week's Council meeting - 19 April
Thursday 21 April 2022
At Tuesday night’s Council meeting, Council endorsed:
- Yarra’s draft Budget 2022/22 and draft Long Term Financial Plan 2022/23-2031/32 for public exhibition.
- Guidelines and budget for the 2023 Annual Grants, 2022-23 Small Project Grants and 2022-23 Room to Create Grants.
- Adopted Planning Scheme Amendment C269yara – rewrite of local policies – which will now be referred to the Minister for Planning for approval.
- Council consented to the closure of the roads abutting 592-600 Smith Street, Clifton Hill by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
- Council approved a revision of the Victorian Heritage Restoration Funding model.
- Council approved the appointment of new members to the Disability Advisory Committee.
Notices of Motion:
- Council unanimously decided not to support the advertising of companies involved in the production or supply of fossil fuels on Council property, consistent with its Climate Emergency Plan and called for a Council report on this matter.
- Council supported the recommendations of the Victorian Auditor Generals’ Office’s (VAGO) October 2020 report on Accessibility of Tram Services in regard to major tram works and provision of level-access stops.
Other agenda items and more details about the above items can be viewed in the Council meeting minutes, available online from Friday 22 April.
Yarra’s next council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 10 May at 7pm.