It's Council Election time at Yarra! Special arrangements apply during this period
Thursday 17 September 2020
Local government elections will be held across Victoria on Saturday 24 October 2020.
From midday on Tuesday 22 September to 6pm on Saturday 24 October 2020 we must comply with special arrangements in the lead up to elections, known as the Election Period.
This is intended to ensure that council actions do not interfere with the election process and that it is fair and equal for all.
With this in mind, we’ll be taking a small break from posting or replying on social media as well as publishing website updates and enews unless it relates to important operational matters.
Please note, routine service delivery and administration will not be affected and will continue as normal during the Election Period.
However, there are some changes to the ways in which we are able to communicate with you:
- We will not post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter unless it relates to an urgent operational matter.
- Comments will either be hidden or deleted during this time.
- This applies to all Yarra City Council social media platforms including; Yarra Libraries, Yarra Leisure, Yarra Arts and any other Council-affiliated accounts.
Website and e-news
- We will not be updating content on our websites unless it relates to urgent operational matters.
- No new news stories will be published during this time. Existing news will remain available.
- Some content may be hidden during the Election Period, including some information about current Councillors (only name, photo, Ward and contact information will remain).
- This applies to all Yarra City Council websites including; Yarra Libraries, Yarra Leisure, and Yarra Arts.
Campaigns and activities
- Routine administration of planning, building, traffic, parking or other matters will continue through the election period.
- Community consultations on major strategy or policy issues will be paused.
- Campaigns will not be publicised.
- No media statements.
- No marketing activities.
When will it be back to normal?
We will resume regular operation from Monday 26 October 2020.
If you need to get in contact with us please call 03 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This includes our after-hours service which you can reach on 03 9205 5555 to report urgent safety matters outside of business hours.