Refugee Week 2020
Sunday 14 June 2020
Refugee Week 2020 kicks off today, running from Sunday 14 June to Saturday 20 June.
Each year we recognise and celebrate the important and positive contributions refugees make to our community in Yarra, while raising awareness about issues refugees also face. We value and are committed to promoting cultural, linguistic and religious diversity, community harmony and respect for all.
You can ask that
This year, we're sitting down to chat with Nayran Tabiei and Tessa Hughes via Facebook Live at 12.30pm as we chat about Nayran’s journey from her home country in Syria to her life now here in Australia.
Tessa will be asking Nayran a series of questions about her lived experience as a refugee and there’ll be a chance for you to have any burning questions answered too. You can submit your questions for Nayran here.
See Refugee Week for more events and information about the week-long celebration of the courage of refugees, including:
- Official launch and week of digital entertainment, including panels, stories, film, discussion, poetry and more
- See what else is happening in your community
- Cook a meal for your family and friends and raise money for a good cause while you're at it
- Check out the extensive resource library
- Book a speaker for your school, community or workplace
- Meet some of the amazing people behind Refugee Week.