Register to attend upcoming Special Council Meeting
Thursday 19 March 2020
As at 5.00pm on Friday 20 March 2020, Yarra City Council is proceeding with the special council meeting on Tuesday 24 March 2020.
The following arrangements are being put in place to ensure Council meets its obligations to the community, staff and its own members in applying the various protections imposed as a result of the COVID-19 state emergency declaration. Key points to note include:
- We must ensure appropriate social distancing of those attending the meeting, with a minimum of four square metres per person. This includes consideration of seating arrangements and access to microphones.
- Required attendees include Councillors and essential officers (13) and applicants (3). We have determined that, to ensure social distancing and to not breach the state government imposed cap, we can safely accommodate 36 community members.
- To ensure that those who wish to make a verbal submission are supported to do so, we will only be able to grant entry to those making a submission.
- We understand that some community members are seeking to arrange for speakers to represent groups of submitters, which will assist greatly in managing the overall number of attendees.
- We acknowledge that some community members may also be at greater risk of attending public gatherings and may prefer to watch the meeting from home on our live webcast.
To avoid confusion on the evening, and to ensure that those community members who wish to make a submission to Council can enter the Town Hall building, you must register your intention to attend below. Persons who have not registered will not be admitted to the meeting.
Registrations for this meeting are filling fast and will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis. Everyone who registers below will be contacted on Monday morning to advise whether they have been successful in securing a place.
Should you seek any clarification please call Rhys Thomas (Senior Governance Advisor) or Ivan Gilbert (Group Manager – Chief Executive’s Office) on 9205 5555.