Join our Heritage Advisory Committee
Tuesday 04 February 2020
Do you live in Yarra and have an interest in heritage? Expressions of interest are now open to join our Heritage Advisory Committee.
The Heritage Advisory Committee:
- provides advice to the council on strategic heritage matters
- supports promotion of local heritage
- raises awareness about heritage issues
- presents the views of residents, groups and professionals with an interest in heritage matters to the council, and
- contributes to the implementation of the Heritage Strategy.
The Terms of Reference provides all the details.
There are currently three vacancies on the committee.
Anyone with an interest is encouraged to apply, particularly young people (there are two places reserved on the committee for applicants aged 30 years and under and one of these is currently vacant). We also want to ensure representation from across Yarra's neighbourhoods and would encourage applications from Fitzroy, Fairfield and Alphington.
We are seeking applications from Yarra residents with:
- demonstrated interest in and knowledge of local heritage matters
- a high capacity for strategic thinking
- a strong understanding of the Yarra context and community
- skills in, and a strong track record of, working collaboratively, and
- availability to attend meetings.
Meetings are held every two months, outside of business hours, at Richmond or Collingwood town halls. Meetings run for two hours and additional meetings may be held as required. The committee has up to 12 community members, with tenure of four years.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 6 March, 2020.
For more information contact Richa Swarup, Senior Advisor City Heritage, on 9205 5555.
Find out more about the Heritage Advisory Committee.