SEVENTH Gallery eliminate exhibition fees
Wednesday 18 July 2018
SEVENTH gallery have announced that from July 2018, exhibition fees have been eliminated and all exhibiting artists will be compensated a fee for showing.
This is SEVENTH’s 18th year of operation, and a huge milestone. SEVENTH are excited to distribute funds to underrepresented artists, and fulfill a mission to embrace experimentation, risk and diverse artistic practices. SEVENTH thanks Creative Victoria for their support of our annual program, as well as our board and volunteers for their hard work and dedication to making SEVENTH and accessible and inclusive platform for emerging artists.
Applications now open
Applications for SEVENTH’s annual exhibition program are now open and close on 12 August. Exhibitions run for four weeks. Successful applicants will receive support from SEVENTH Exhibition Liaison and Curatorial Mentors in the conceptual and logistical development of their shows.
SEVENTH encourages proposals for:
- solo, curated or group exhibitions
- public programs including screenings, talks, workshops and performances
- emerging and early career artists and curators
- First Nations artists and curators
- artists and curators of diverse cultural backgrounds
- artists and curators with disability
to present work that is:
- critically engaged
- conceptually coherent
- responsible and socially aware
- site-specific to the physical architecture of SEVENTH's spaces
- responsive to the Indigenous history of our home on stolen Wurundjeri land
Please contact SEVENTH if you would like to discuss your project.
Gallery Two $150
Gallery One $150
Night Screen $50
SEVENTH welcome's solo or group exhibitions, performances, workshops, screenings and talks from artists and curators, as well as projects that operate outside of conventional exhibition formats.
Exhibitions run for four weeks. Successful applicants will receive support from SEVENTH Exhibition Liaison and Curatorial Mentors in the conceptual and logistical development of their shows.
Submit your application online.
Applications due Sunday August 12th, 2018, midnight.