Upcoming road closures
Tuesday 13 March 2018
VicRoads and Melbourne Water are undertaking major projects that will result in road closures in March and April.
The closures may impact your travel throughout Yarra. We recommend you regularly check the websites below for updates and allow for extra travel time.
Chandler Highway Upgrade
Chandler Highway will be closed at night between Yarra Boulevard and Heidelberg Road on:
- Sunday 25 March for four consecutive nights from 7.30pm – 5.30am, with closures finishing Thursday morning 29 March.
- No road closures over the Easter break.
- Thursday 5 April for five consecutive nights from 7.30pm – 5.30am, with closures finishing Tuesday morning 10 April.
Detours will be in place.
Streamlining Hoddle Street
- From 25 March to 1 June, the right-hand-turn lane from the Eastern Freeway exit ramp towards Clifton Hill will be closed.
- If you use this right turn lane, you can continue on Alexandra Parade and make your way north or turn left onto Hoddle Street and make a U-turn.
- Night works and additional lane closures will occur until the project is complete in mid-2018.
Level Crossing Removals
- From 16 March to 6 April 2018, Grange Road in Alphington will be closed between Heidelberg Road and Darling Street.
- From 16 March to 29 April 2018, buses will replace trains on the Hurstbridge line between Clifton Hill and Macleod stations.
Alexandra Parade Drain Deck replacement project
Alexandra Parade’s right-hand-turn into Wellington Street will be closed during March. Once this opens, the Smith Street right-hand-turn from Alexandra Parade will be closed.