Yarra Environment Advisory Committee expressions of interest now open
Monday 11 December 2017
Want to help shape the future of Yarra’s environment?
Join the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee
Expressions of interest are now open for the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee, 2018 member refresh. You can apply to help us shape our environmental policies and strategies.
The Yarra Environment Advisory Committee (YEAC) provides a community voice to us on key environmental sustainability decisions and directions.
The committee will provide advice to us on a number of items, including the development of a new Yarra Environment Strategy, as well as other key policies strategies, and initiatives that affect/support environmental sustainability environment in the City of Yarra.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Yarra residents with:
- demonstrated interest in and knowledge of local environmental issues, and sustainability more broadly;
- a high capacity for strategic thinking;
- a strong understanding of the Yarra context and community;
- skills in, and a strong track record of, working collaboratively in groups; and
- availability to attend the bi-monthly meetings.
Meetings will be held every two months, outside of business hours at the Richmond Town Hall. Meetings run for 1.5 to 2 hours, specific additional meetings may be required on an as needs basis.
The committee will consist of up to twelve community members, with tenure of 2 years.
Applications close 5pm Monday 22 January 2018.
Find out more about the committee, including the terms of reference, by visiting our webpage.
If you would like any further information contact us via 9205 5555.