The Room to Create Responsive Grant Program are quick response grants, intended to help creative spaces and live music venues stay in Yarra.
Applicants can only receive one Room to Create Responsive Grant per financial year, and funding is capped at $2,000 for a standalone grant or at $5,000 for a matching grant – when the applicant is able to make a matching contribution towards the project.
The funds may be used for goods and/or services that will assist the creative space to operate in Yarra. For example, funds can be used for:
- infrastructure works, such as fit out of a studio and purchase of built-in equipment
- acoustic treatment related works, such as installing insulation, air locks, sound absorbing materials, gap seals etc.
- town planning consultants to obtain advice relevant to maintaining a creative space in Yarra, including advocacy where a nearby development is proposed
- consultant fees related to improving accessibility of the space
- acoustic consultant fees and measuring devices/equipment
- building surveyors fees related to assessment of an existing building
- other materials and/or services that may assist with the venue’s management of noise and patron behavior related complaints
How to apply
Applications for the 2018/2019 Room to Create Responsive Grants will open on 1 July 2018 and will remain open until 31 May 2019 or until the available funding is exhausted.
You can apply for a grant online.
The Room to Create Responsive Grant Guidelines 2018-2019 provide further information about eligibility and assessment criteria for the 2018/2019 Room to Create Responsive Grants and the application process.
A preview of the application form is now available.
Got a question?
For assistance or more information, you can ask us online, or contact Arts and Culture on 9205 5212.