The Room to Create Responsive Grant Program offers quick response grants, intended to help creative spaces and live music venues stay in Yarra.
Image: Natalie Jurrjens
Grant round open until May 2023.
You can read the Guidelines here and you can apply here.
Applicants can only receive one Room to Create Responsive Grant per financial year, and funding is capped at $2,000 for a standalone grant or at $5,000 for a matching grant – when the applicant is able to make a matching contribution towards the project.
The funds may be used for goods and/or services that will assist the creative space to operate in Yarra. For example, funds can be used for:
- infrastructure works, such as fit out of a studio and purchase of built-in equipment
- acoustic treatment related works, such as installing insulation, air locks, sound absorbing materials, gap seals etc.
- town planning consultants to obtain advice relevant to maintaining a creative space in Yarra, including advocacy where a nearby development is proposed
- consultant fees related to improving accessibility of the space
- acoustic consultant fees and measuring devices/equipment
- building surveyors fees related to assessment of an existing building
- other materials and/or services that may assist with the venue’s management of noise and patron behaviour related complaints
Applicants who have not been funded in the previous rounds will be prioritised.
Other documents you may find helpful when completing your application include:
- Yarra Community Grants Manual
- Accessibility Guide for City of Yarra Grant Applicants
- Statement of Commitment to Child Safety Template
Council invested $25,000 into 7 projects through the 2019/2020 Room to Create Responsive Grant Program.
For further information see the list of 2019/20 Room to Create Responsive Grant Recipients.
Got a question?
For assistance or more information, you can ask us online, or contact Arts and Culture on 9205 5212.