The Room to Create Responsive Grant Program offers quick response grants, intended to help creative spaces and live music venues stay in Yarra.
Applications for the 2018-2019 round are now closed.
We anticipate the 2019-2020 round will open on 1 July 2019.
Applicants can only receive one Room to Create Responsive Grant per financial year, and funding is capped at $2,000 for a standalone grant or at $5,000 for a matching grant – when the applicant is able to make a matching contribution towards the project.
The funds may be used for goods and/or services that will assist the creative space to operate in Yarra. For example, funds can be used for:
- infrastructure works, such as fit out of a studio and purchase of built-in equipment
- acoustic treatment related works, such as installing insulation, air locks, sound absorbing materials, gap seals etc.
- town planning consultants to obtain advice relevant to maintaining a creative space in Yarra, including advocacy where a nearby development is proposed
- consultant fees related to improving accessibility of the space
- acoustic consultant fees and measuring devices/equipment
- building surveyors fees related to assessment of an existing building
- other materials and/or services that may assist with the venue’s management of noise and patron behavior related complaints
How to apply
We anticipate that applications for the 2019/2020 Room to Create Responsive Grants will open on 1 July 2019.
The Room to Create Responsive Grant Guidelines 2018-2019 provide further information about eligibility and assessment criteria for the 2018/2019 Room to Create Responsive Grants and the application process.
Got a question?
For assistance or more information, you can ask us online, or contact Arts and Culture on 9205 5212.