Relationship Declaration Register

Following the passage of the Marriage Amendment (Definition and Religious Freedoms) Bill 2017, the Yarra City Council Relationship Declaration Register is no longer open to new applications.

Persons wishing to register a domestic relationship between two adults should contact Births, Deaths and Marriages Victoria.

Advice regarding relationship status for immigration purposes can be obtained from the Department of Home Affairs.

For further information (including enquiries about past registrations) contact Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email