Volunteers play a crucial role in the successful delivery of some of our programs, services and events.
Our volunteers are valued members of the Yarra team and have the opportunity to be inspired, connect with community and make a real difference.
We are committed to ensuring our volunteers skills and interests are a good fit for each role to achieve the best outcomes for both the volunteer and our objectives.
How do I volunteer at Yarra City Council?
View current volunteer opportunities, create an account and register your interest for a volunteer role with us. Get started by selecting the link below:
Steps to take if you'd like to volunteer with us:
- Complete the application form
- Attend an interview
- Participate in an induction session and training
- Begin your first volunteer shift
We'll provide you with:
- Volunteer Role Description
- Volunteer Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Agreement
You must provide:
- Copy of valid Police Check (if required we will cover the cost)
- Copy of valid Working With Children Check (if required we will help you to apply, no cost)
- Contact details for 2x referees
- Read and sign to acknowledge and agree with the Volunteer Agreement
What happens next?
Once we receive your application we will be in touch and see if we can match your skills, experience, interests and availability to the requirements of our volunteer roles.
If you already have a MyImpact volunteer profile set up with us, you can log in directly here.
Are there any age restrictions?
Work experience and student placements
We occasionally offer work experience as well as placements for tertiary students currently engaged in Australian educational institutions. These programs can help you to gain practical work experience as part of your course. Jump over to the Careers webpage for more information.