The Yarra Sustainability Awards highlight the work of individuals and organisations across 6 categories:
- Building Design and Development - recognising environmentally sustainable design and development in the built environment
- Business - recognising commercial and social enterprises that have minimised negative environmental impacts and maximised positive contributions to Yarra’s environment and community
- Community Action - recognising groups and organisations that have made a significant contribution to sustainability.
- Educational Services - recognising educational organisations, including children’s centres and kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, tertiary institution, training organisations and other educational organisations that have made a significant contribution to sustainability
- Local Hero - recognising the achievements of an individual who has contributed significantly to sustainability.
- The Frank Fisher Award - recognising individuals who have made a significant contribution to several areas of sustainability in Yarra. This Award aims to build on the legacy of the late Professor Frank Fisher. Nominees will have engaged and inspired people around them and demonstrate qualities of mindfulness, insight, humility and civic spirit.
- A People's Choice Award is also presented based on community votes.
The Yarra Sustainability Awards for 2018 were held at Collingwood Town Hall on Thursday 28 June, hosted by Craig Reucassel.
For more information, contact us on 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org