Cr Jackie Fristacky was elected in October 2016 and is a representative of the Nicholls ward. She is an independent Councillor.
She has represented the City of Yarra since 2002, including serving as Mayor in 2005/06, 2012/13 and 2013/14.
Cr Fristacky can be contacted on 9205 5055, 0412 597 794 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All three Nicholls ward councillors can be emailed at email@example.com.
Cr Fristacky's highest priorities include:
- strengthening the planning scheme to preserve Yarra’s heritage streets and shopping strips, and further enhancing Yarra's streets and precincts through landscaping, traffic management and place management.
- improving and maintaining open spaces such as Curtain Square, Edinburgh Gardens, Linear Park and Hardy Gallagher Reserve are also high priorities.
- to progress achieving an indoor sports centre in Yarra, vital for municipal health, and especially for our young people.
"Council's role is to support and enhance the community – whether through safe streets, library services, the arts, childcare, open space and sporting facilities, or through encouraging healthy physical activity, neighbourliness and community building programs," she said.
"Council can nurture community building in so many ways."
Cr Fristacky is passionate about government and industry efforts to achieve long-term solutions to traffic congestion and road safety. "Improving the passenger transport system so that it is well-connected, accessible and reliable, is the most effective means of dealing with congestion in cities," Cr Fristacky said.
"Apart from reducing excessive through traffic in Yarra, this also supports more efficient land use, social equity, community health, and environmental sustainability."
- Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Business Advisory Group
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Internal Development Advisory Committee
- Finance Committee
- Performance Review Sub Committee
- Doncaster Rail Local Government Group
- Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF)
- Municipal Association of Victoria (substitute)
- Victorian Local Governance Association
- Metropolitan (Local Government) Waste Management Forum (substitute)
For more information, call us on 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.