Planning for the future
Yarra has adopted a new Council Plan, which sets our priorities and direction for the next four years.
The Council Plan outlines a range of strategies and initiatives that we will implement to achieve our vision for a Yarra that is a ‘vibrant, liveable and sustainable inner city that the community can be proud of’.
To ensure it reflects what’s important to our community, we sought your ideas and feedback in developing the plan over two rounds of community consultation in late 2016 and early 2017.
In a first for Yarra, it also incorporates our Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
The key objectives of the Council Plan are:
1. Community health, safety and wellbeing are a focus in everything we do
2. Inclusion, diversity and uniqueness are welcomed, respected and celebrated
3. Council leads on sustainability and protects and enhances its natural environment
4. Development and growth are managed to maintain and enhance the character and heritage of the city
5. Local businesses prosper and creative and knowledge industries thrive
6. Connectivity and travel options are environmentally sustainable, integrated and well-designed
7. Transparency, performance and community participation drive the way we operate
Previous Council Plans
You can download Council Plans from previous years:
- Council Plan 2013-2017
- Council Plan 2009-2013
- Council Plan 2007-2011
- Council Plan 2006-2010
- Council Plan 2005-2009