Our Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee contributes to health and wellbeing planning in Yarra’s dynamic and diverse community.
The role of the Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee is to:
- provide advice to us on health and wellbeing matters
- assist us with advocacy on relevant health and wellbeing matters
- oversee and assist with the implementation and evaluation of strategies and actions in the Yarra Health and Wellbeing Plan and associated yearly implementation plans.
identify current and emerging health and wellbeing issues and trends
- strengthen partnerships across member organisations and other relevant networks and organisations
- identify funding opportunities for relevant health and wellbeing projects and to contribute to submissions
complement the role of and align with the Local Safety Reference Group, Yarra Liquor Forum and other Council advisory committees and groups.
Who is on the Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee?
The committee is comprised of Councillors, community members and professionals from across Yarra’s health and community sectors who have a strong interest in achieving positive health and wellbeing outcomes for our community and play a key role in overseeing the delivery of the Yarra Health and Wellbeing Plan.
Councillor representatives are Cr Mike McEvoy and Cr Daniel Nguyen (Mayor).
Councillors are appointed on an annual basis.
When are the upcoming meetings?
A list of upcoming meetings will be available when confirmed.
Terms of reference
You can view and download the Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee's terms of reference.
Previous minutes and agendas
21 March 2018 Agenda