Our Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee contributes to health and wellbeing planning in Yarra’s dynamic and diverse community.
What does the Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee do?
- provide advice to us on health and wellbeing matters
- assist us with advocacy on relevant health and wellbeing matters
- oversee and assist with the implementation and evaluation of strategies and actions in the Yarra Health and Wellbeing Plan and associated yearly implementation plans.
identify current and emerging health and wellbeing issues and trends
- strengthen partnerships across member organisations and other relevant networks and organisations
- identify funding opportunities for relevant health and wellbeing projects and to contribute to submissions
complement the role of and align with the Local Safety Reference Group, Yarra Liquor Forum and other Council advisory committees and groups.
How do I join the Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee?
The Yarra Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee currently consists of :
- Professionals from across Yarra’s health and community sectors
- 3 community representatives from within Yarra
- 2 Yarra City Council Councillors (from different wards) appointed by Yarra City Council on an annual basis
The Councillors appointed to this committee are:
- Cr James Searle
- Cr Mi-Lin Chen Yi Mei
If you'd like to join the committee, please call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 and ask for Senior Planner, Community Health and Safety.
When does the Health and Wellbeing Plan Advisory Committee meet?
You can view the dates in our events calendar.
What are your terms of reference?
If you would like any further information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 and ask for the Councillor Support Unit or email email@example.com.