The role of the Environment Advisory Committee is to:
- Capitalise on the knowledge, experience and skill available in the Yarra community
- Provide advice to us in respect to strategic advice on key policy development, issues that affect the environment, and the design and delivery of specific environmental programs by Yarra City Council
- Raise the profile of the environmental sustainability activities within Yarra
- Ensure the key focus of work for the Yarra community is provided with an appropriate communication mechanism with Yarra City Council
- Gather advice on the development and implementation of key policies that affect and support the Yarra environment
- Deliver our Council Plan, in particular the implementation of the Yarra Environment Strategy
- Determine priorities, strategies, initiatives and issues affecting the environmental sustainability of Yarra
- Resolve issues that may arise from the Agenda of Yarra Environment Advisory Committee meetings
- Discuss how to engage the wider Yarra community on environmental and sustainability issues.
Who is on the Environment Advisory Committee?
The committee is comprised of Councillors and community members with an interest in environmental sustainability.
Councillor representatives are Cr Mike McEvoy, Cr Amanda Stone and Cr James Searle.
Nominations for community members to join the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee occur every 2 years.
Sign-up to Yarra Environment e-news to stay informed on membership opportunities.
When are the upcoming meetings?
Meetings are held every 2 months.
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Environment Advisory Committee terms of reference.
Previous minutes and agendas
Previous minutes and agendas are available upon request by contacting us on email@example.com or on 9205 5555.