Why was the committee formed?
Capitalising on the knowledge, experience and skill available in the Yarra community, Yarra Environment Advisory Committee was established to provide advice to us in respect to:
- strategic advice on key policy development, issues that affect the environment, and the design and delivery of specific environmental programs by Yarra City Council.
- raising the profile of the environmental sustainability activities within the city of Yarra
- ensuring this key focus of work for the City of Yarra community is provided with an appropriate communication mechanism with Yarra City Council.
What does the committee do?
The function of the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee is to provide advice to us on:
- development and implementation key policies that affect/support the environment of the City of Yarra
- delivery of our Council Plan, in particular the implementation of the Yarra Environment Strategy
- priorities, strategies, initiatives and issues affecting the City of Yarra community in terms of environmental sustainability
- resolving issues that may arise from the Agenda of Yarra Environment Advisory Committee meetings
- how to engage the wider City of Yarra community on environmental sustainability issues
When does the committee meet?
Meetings are held every 2 months. You can check the meeting dates in our events calendar.
How can I join the committee?
Nominations for the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee occur every 2 years.
Sign-up to Yarra Environment e-news to stay informed on membership opportunities.
The Councillors appointed to this committee are:
- Cr Mike McEvoy
- Cr Amanda Stone
- Cr James Searle
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Yarra Environment Advisory Committee terms of reference.
If you would like any further information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555.