Do you live in the City of Yarra and have an interest in heritage matters? We are seeking expressions of interest from Yarra residents to join the Heritage Advisory Committee.
What is the role of the Heritage Advisory Committee?
The role of the Heritage Advisory Committee is to:
- provide advice to us on strategic heritage matters
- support promotion of local heritage
- raise awareness about heritage issues
- present the views of residents, groups and professionals with an interest in heritage matters to Yarra City Council, and
- contribute to the preparation of a revised Heritage Strategy to be prepared in 2018/2019.
Who is on the Heritage Advisory Committee?
The committee is comprised of Yarra residents with an interest in heritage, heritage professionals and councillors.
Members are appointed for a period of four years and councillors are appointed on an annual basis.
Councillor representatives are Cr Jackie Fristacky, Cr Stephen Jolly and Cr James Searle.
How often does the committee meet?
The committee meets every two months at the Collingwood or Richmond town halls. Meetings are listed on our events calendar.
How are the views of the Heritage Advisory Committee reported to council?
A report outlining the main topics discussed is prepared after each meeting and presented at the next council meeting.
Terms of reference
You can view and download the Heritage Advisory Committee terms of reference.
Previous minutes and agendas
29 March 2018 Agenda
30 January 2018 Agenda